Dunno about the taste buds' take - but last I heard (in some detail) - the cubic-closest-packing of farmed any-fish -- produces a diseased fish / or somewhat 'mutated', in any event. It would be wishful to imagine that taste wouldn't alter, along with the rest of its biochem.

IIRC.. the red color of er, free-ranging salmon is merely the visual cue of the necessity of this spcies feeding across a variety of natural critters. (The farmed stuff has red dye added - read label. If they supply one.) The crowding effect on disease transmission odds was likened to the difference of

One person with a cold, in a room you visit for several minutes VS
same snuffler in an elevator, stopped between floors, for hours

(a simile for those who don't do stats, I guess.)

Overall effect of listening to many biologists in recent years; then this summary of a couple hours, with significant data: I've eschewed farm-raised salmon for some time; that meant le$$-salmon for moi :-/ (which I happen to love, not merely for its bitchin source of decent-grade Omega-3s to balance out all those 6s n'such.)

Most every story about Our Model of entrepreneurial exploitation demonstrates a similar degree of utter cluelessness (but mostly: could-care-Less-ness) - none surprises, any more. We have yet to learn to think properly, of Scale. 'Wise' has no relationship whatsoever to, CIEIO-dom's vision of Success.

Amidst the religio-warz, who has time to think of paramecia?
(Or ponder how the antibiotics used to control the diseases-of-confinement.. and fish-farmers are using lots of those, too - join the chem-factory beef, and other Wonders of Pharmchem + Capitalism: inside our cells.)

Then there are the dioxins produced increasingly/alarmingly in farmed-fish
(as soon may be extended to way-off-coast 'farms': with ~huge nets for containment.)
As we finish off the oceans, intensely. Too. There's a whole sub-category about the "junk-fish" used for pets and.. as diet of the wretched who outnumber US: the nutritional qualities are falling there, too.

We can always hope that we won't ever need an antibiotic to work, on millions - for the next 1918 flu. Maybe if we've been very very Good for a few generations..?
Tuna? Hydrargyrum.. ain't that a euphonious name? You don't feed tuna-mixes to your cat, now! who needs radioactive isotopes when plain bloody chemistry does the job?

Jeez, let's not even Think about the chickens..

We're Sick.
Stay rich and you can select-out the edible stuff, for a time..
But Gaia as MD-in-Charge, just may not have old copies of Better 4000' Starter Homes and Gardens in Her waiting room..