IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New *SNOW* in Sonoma County___\ufffd___\ufffd___\ufffd___\ufffdnow!___\ufffd___\ufffd___\ufffd
Suddenly it's New England !!

OK OK never mind you slush bunnies who see that only as a deterrent to keeping the UAV from turning turtle any second, on that 50 mi. commute :(

Anyway - first I've seen *here* in about 20 years, 'cept on a few mini 'mountains'... on branches of all the trees, on the firs.. just like an old fashioned Winter Solstice.

Even the Yuppie Villa across the way.. is toned down and looking more like a cottage than a Power Statement..

{sigh} Reminds me of the Last Calvin & Hobbes strip published in the papers - as the two head out into new snow, ~ "it's a whole new day!" The pure white contrasts sharply with the pecuniary darkness in all those headlines about homo-sap truculence and bellicose mutterings.

Screw the 'news' for today - bummmer, that.. ya can tell in advance it'll be about Mine's BIGGER yada yada..

Ashton
oops Here Comes the Sun
New Snow up here, too!
I love it.

My wife hates it.

It took her two hours to get to work.

I don't have to go. :) Snow is so beautiful!
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New enjoy while you have it
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New When was the snowstorm in Santa Clara County?
Late Seventies, had to be -- I was living there.

I do *not* consider myself a skilled snow&ice driver, but can muddle along if the challenges don't get too great. An icy I-380 is a wonder whose details I have, mercifully, let the backup storage media deteriorate on.

Or did that wander in from another dimension? I have this distinct vision of the hills above SLAC with a coating of white stuff, and one of the hyper-pretentious houses built in vaguely Tyrolean style looking properly placed for the first and probably only time in its existence.
Regards,
Ric
New Remember that one - northwards.
Was in Berkeley hills (Kensington - the academic ghetto) for that. Pix of the place all in white, and view of all 3 bridges in the white mist, later. Snowballs!

Don't recall how much hit the flatlands, then - but S Clara be pretty flat so .. I guess snow was all over the Bay area.

Elev. here is only ~ 120' IIRC and we may get more tonight, judging by sky, temp and the rumored Arctic stuff heading in.
(must be hell on the homeless, however beautiful for those who can call it 'cozy')

A.

New And in NYC, we are wondering where winter is
Temperatures predicted at 62 today. This in a city whose all-time Jan high is 68, and whose averages are 39.

Then again I already knew that mild weather back East is connected to cold weather out West, and both are connected to the Jet Stream.

Cheers,
Ben
New Same here (Ohio)
almost peaked at 70 yesterday.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Sssh! Not out loud! (Damn, too late.)
Just heard on the way in to work the temperature is supposed to keep dropping all day, going below freezing tonight. Next time just keep quite and enjoy it, okay?
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New LOL
Must be Murphy's second law: say something and the exact opposite will happen. (or is that the third or fourth law?)
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Record high yesterday here in Detroit
56, over 51 from 19*mumble*.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     *SNOW* in Sonoma County___\ufffd___\ufffd___\ufffd___\ufffdnow!___\ufffd___\ufffd___\ufffd - (Ashton) - (9)
         Snow up here, too! - (inthane-chan)
         enjoy while you have it -NT - (boxley)
         When was the snowstorm in Santa Clara County? - (Ric Locke) - (1)
             Remember that one - northwards. - (Ashton)
         And in NYC, we are wondering where winter is - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             Same here (Ohio) - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Sssh! Not out loud! (Damn, too late.) - (drewk) - (1)
                     LOL - (wharris2)
             Record high yesterday here in Detroit - (admin)

Truthful and transparent is great, but we don’t even have a coherent strategy to obfuscate.
50 ms