IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But there is in sugar water
Take a 32 ounce Cocacola, and get a few refills. It is mostly sugar and water. The water combines with the sodium to make fat in the body.

Need I say any more about clogged arteries, high chloresteral, and other stuff the food causes?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Hint: Then DON'T FRICKING DRINK *sugar* water, Brainiac!
Norm gibbers on:
Take a 32 ounce Cocacola, and get a few refills. It is mostly sugar and water.
And that's supposed to mean anything to me?!? (Further hint: Your weird units are meaningless to most of the civilized world. "32 ounce", is that about the same as a furlong per fortnight?)

The water combines with the sodium to make fat in the body.
That's a new one... (Care to show me the chemical formula -- or better yet, one of those little balls-and-toothpicks molecule models -- for a "fat" that consists of hydrogen, oxygen, and sodium, but no carbon?)

Need I say any more about clogged arteries, high chloresteral, and other stuff the food causes?
No, you don't. In fact, you don't need to say ANYTHING about "chloresteral". (What you *do* need to do, though, is to learn how to spell "cholesterol"...)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New 32 fluid ounces is about 0.02313 Firkins. HTH. >:-)
New Then a Firkin per fortnight necessitates
37+ containers of sugar water per day of the '32 oz' persuasion (ounces are used in countries unable to multiply or divide by 10, easily).

I suspect that this amount.. might do approximately what it does to light metals: corrode, erode the pipes.. and might even explain the new popular disease here: diabetes (?)

Ashton
your Firkin moderator for tonight.
New 32 oz is about 2 pounds.
Then take those 2 pounds and turn them into Kilograms by whatever "magic math" formula it takes to do so. ~2.2 pounds per Kilogram, so almost 1 full Kilogram, over a Kilogram if they gt a refill.

Also I had forgotten that soda uses CO2 to get the fizz in it. Even the water has traces of CO2 in it, carbonated water, because they use it to mix with the syrup to make soda. Sometimes if the machine isn't set up properly, there are traces of CO2 in the water they give. Litely carbonated water.

New But the 2 pounds of the water part are transient! :)
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
New A little secret about McDonald's and other fast food joints:
The soda is their biggest rip-off, it is mostly water and most likely costs them only pennies to pump it into a cup. But they can charge $1USD or more for it. US Soda is like US Beer, very light and mostly water. :)

New I don't, dear Christian,
but the average consumer does. They also get at least 2 or 3 refills when at the fast food joint.

I used to drink soda like water, then moved to diet soda, now I try to drink mostly water. Only problem is when I ask for water they give me a dinky 6Oz kiddie cup or charge me 15 to 35 cents for the cup. But they will sell me a bottle of spring water for $1USD to $2USD.

The carbon comes from the food, aren't most life forms carbon based?

Excuse me for not spelling it correctly, but most fast food stores do sell high carb foods that are also high in cholesterol, however you spell it. Unhealthy, and not clearly marked as unhealthy.

New Then it wasn't you I was calling "Brainiac", but...
Norman:
but the average consumer does.
...then it's the "average consumer" I mean.

They also get at least 2 or 3 refills when at the fast food joint.
Really? On a 32-ounce drink? Damn, I find that hard to believe...

Only problem is when I ask for water they give me a dinky 6Oz kiddie cup or charge me 15 to 35 cents for the cup.
That sucks.

(OTOH, maybe they do that here too -- I dunno; I'm still at the "Diet Soda" stage myself.)

The carbon comes from the food, aren't most life forms carbon based?
Yeah, all of them AFAIK. (But you *said* "drink" or something! Sorry, I was just nit-picking in jest. :-)

Excuse me for not spelling it correctly, but
But spelling is important.

Unhealthy, and not clearly marked as unhealthy.
Yeah, but with food it doesn't work that way, does it? Seems to me you have to assume that *everything* is (more or less) unhealthy.

Only if it is specifically labelled as *healthy* do you possibly have any recourse, in case it turns out not to be. If it isn't, then it isn't.

That is, if it isn't *labelled* as "healthy", then it *isn't* healthy, as far as you can know or expect.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Just don't call me late to dinner. :)
Yes I know, my friend, who killed himself in 1999, used to tell me that the 32 ounce drink was a Bladder-Buster. This was back in the early 80's when 7-11 had their 32 once Big Gulp and Fast Food joints didn't have anything over 24 ounces. He figured that the average human bladder could not hold more than 24 ounces. But I told him that he forgot how much the human stomach can hold on the backflow. :) But anyway it will require at least two trips to the bathroom if they get those 2 or 3 refills.

There are bigger than 32 ounce cups as well, like 48 and 64, but I won't get into that. I imagine that soon, they will sell a cup so large that it will take a rental on a helicopter to get it home. :)

Movie Theaters also started this trend. They figured that if they doubled the size of the popcorn or drink that they could triple the price. Then they raised the price of the smaller popcorn and drink products so that it was more economical to buy the larger sizes. The average US citizen is a consumer cow, and will buy whatever they are told to buy.

Spelling is unimportant to me, it is the content of the message. One can have perfect spelling, yet have crap for content.

Anyway people are suing tobacco companies for not putting warning labels on their products over 50 years ago. I guess it was recently, like 30 or 40 years ago that they put the "May cause cancer on lab rats" labels on them? Plus people have sued fast food joints over coffee being too hot, why not for their unhealthy food?

Healthy(er) food like Subway or Blimpies are better, but are basically cold cuts on a hero/subway sandwich bread.

New This was a duplicate posting; please disregard
What, don't believe me? Nothing to see here; move along, please! :-)
Expand Edited by CRConrad Jan. 29, 2002, 05:15:02 PM EST
     McDonald's made me fat! - (nking) - (17)
         Why would drinking more add to someone's weight problems? - (CRConrad) - (16)
             Soda Pop -NT - (altmann) - (2)
                 Then don't drink soda, Pop! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Re: Then don't drink soda, Pop! - (wharris2)
             But there is in sugar water - (nking) - (10)
                 Hint: Then DON'T FRICKING DRINK *sugar* water, Brainiac! - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     32 fluid ounces is about 0.02313 Firkins. HTH. >:-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         Then a Firkin per fortnight necessitates - (Ashton)
                         32 oz is about 2 pounds. - (nking) - (2)
                             But the 2 pounds of the water part are transient! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 A little secret about McDonald's and other fast food joints: - (nking)
                     I don't, dear Christian, - (nking) - (3)
                         Then it wasn't you I was calling "Brainiac", but... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Just don't call me late to dinner. :) - (nking)
                         This was a duplicate posting; please disregard -NT - (CRConrad)
             Norm's 32 oz. Coke == 373 calories (from sugars). - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I recently calculated the following. 100 C/day = 9 lb/year. - (Another Scott)

Full ahead flank!
56 ms