They had planned a video teleconference meeting. Instead, Bush showed up in person. It was obviously a photo-op for Bush, but I don't think it weakens the Iraqi government in any way. If anything, Bush showing up and making a big deal of continuing support for the government slightly strengthens the US commitment to them. (I.e. It'll be slightly harder for Republicans in Congress to think about demanding a drawdown of US troops there, or to consider reducing funding.) Government supporters in Iraq won't suddenly feel that the prime minister is a puppet based on this single event.

Yes, it highlighted the lack of security there, but people have known security is weak there for a long time. Bush's visit didn't throw back the covers on that problem. (Recall he's not left the compound of the Baghdad airport before on his trips there.)

All in all, I don't see it as a big deal. It's one of those 1-2 days stories that will blow over and won't have any lasting impact a week from now. It's not going to change anyone's opinion about Bush or Iraq.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.