IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've supplied quotes and references.
You've supplied personal attacks.

And you call my position "incoherent"?

Why don't you prove your point for once?

Give me the reference for the crimes he's being charged with. It should be simple to find if the reporting was accurate (my point was that it wasn't).

Go ahead. Support your position.
New Oh really??
Is there actually a law on the books that says it is illegal to conspire to kill Americans, but only if you're in Afghanistan? Or is the law stating that it is illegal to conspire to kill Americans WHILE they are in Afghanistan?

And are there actually laws that specify the Taliban?

There's your post in its entirety. No quotes...no references...not even a reference to the point you claim you were making.

Hmmm.

We're intellectually challenged? Riiiigghhhhtt. </sarcasm>

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New As I've said, you're functionally illiterate.
You are also incapable of recalling anything earlier than two posts ago.

My reference was to the amount of information I've posted and referenced and quoted in these "discussions" with Marlowe.

Like my quotes from the Geneva Conventions showing that all prisoners are to be treated as POW's until their status has been determined?

But you're not quite capable of that feat of mental strength. You're limited to my two previous posts.

I've supplied references to support my position.

Marlowe has not.

I've pointed out that the "reporting" on this subject is rather less than clear.

He seems to hold a position counter to that.

So, I asked him to provide links or references to support that.

And you can't comprehend that request.

Functionally illiterate. Thanks for confirming that.
New The master of all things has spoken, eh?

New I think I know where his quotes and references are.
Most of them are on a subnet not accessible from here, on planet Brandioch in the Yahoo galaxy.

By chance, one fell through a rip in the spacetime continuum and arrived here. That was the Geneva Convention thing. He's milking it for all its worth, which is fine. But he's also trying to milk it for way more than it's worth, which is only making him look silly.

He seems vague on the concept of relevance, and perhaps he sincerely believes he's actually making points. It's almost as if he had quoted at length from a recipe for low fat chocolate mousse, in support of releasing all the detainees on personal recognizance(*), and were unable to see that the one does not support the other. To him, a cite is a cite.

The same defect that makes him unable to distinguish relevance from irrelevance would also make him unable to connect cause with effect. This explains his puzzled outrage at our mocking him.

(*)I'm sure we'll be able to recognize them as they go reconnoitering about.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
Expand Edited by marlowe Jan. 24, 2002, 03:02:23 PM EST
Expand Edited by marlowe Jan. 24, 2002, 07:11:15 PM EST
New All these worlds are yours....
...except Europa ;)

New You've failed the challenge I gave you.
You didn't supply references for the laws he has supposedly broken.

I am not surprised.

Claim whatever you want and hide behind personal attacks.

The "reporting" on this topic is pathetic.
New So I completed the task!
[link|http://news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/terrorism/uswlindh11502cmp.html|http://news.findlaw...1502cmp.html]
New Interesting.. it's taken you 3 tries, merely to cut & paste
some snippets of doggerel.. in form of an adolescent ad hominem. I remember that game: I was 11 IIRC when the practice seemed almost like 'thought'. It was ever so much more fun than actually reading the material for that book report and.. saying something about it.

Of course the web provides countless bytes of such detritus and your hard disk must be getting full (?) Trouble is, like the third viewing of the Ren & Stimpy show: adolescent dialogue seems to be just -

adolescent dialogue.

Still, I see you have at least one admirer. So who am I to judge what it takes to amuse a peer? Now were I to indulge a small ad hominem, I'd settle for just a simple declarative statement - one capable I believe, of comprehension (if I can remember back that far) of another 11 year old:

You're boring. The more so when you attempt a cleverness which is hilariously but somehow also hideously beyond reach. Please get some instruction before the next show - OK?

But I guess I won't say it; you'd probably miss it and pout - and try even harder for cleverness.

Ashton
..gotta go watch the rest of the skit
New That's because I'm a stickler for detail.
I could post like you if I wanted to. Perfect gibberish on the first try. But I don't want to.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
     Johny Walker gets his day in court - (marlowe) - (37)
         Are those real laws? - (Brandioch) - (34)
             Are you volunteering your services for the defense team? - (marlowe) - (1)
                 Not another one - (drewk)
             Conspiricy to commit murder is a real law. -NT - (bepatient) - (14)
                 Comprehension is not your strong point, is it? - (Brandioch) - (13)
                     I'd advise you to leave the sarcasm... - (marlowe) - (12)
                         Thats ok...he secretly loves me. -NT - (bepatient)
                         I've supplied quotes and references. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                             Oh really?? - (bepatient) - (8)
                                 As I've said, you're functionally illiterate. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                     The master of all things has spoken, eh? -NT - (bepatient)
                                 I think I know where his quotes and references are. - (marlowe) - (5)
                                     All these worlds are yours.... - (bepatient)
                                     You've failed the challenge I gave you. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                         So I completed the task! - (Brandioch)
                                     Interesting.. it's taken you 3 tries, merely to cut & paste - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         That's because I'm a stickler for detail. - (marlowe)
                         Memorizing disjointed phrases is pretty easy. - (Ashton)
             Trading with a proscribed country is another real law - (wharris2)
             Why does this remind me of Bill Gates & Bill Clinton? -NT - (SpiceWare)
             Of course they are. - (Ric Locke) - (14)
                 Trouble is.. it's OJ All The Time in Newsfotainment - (Ashton) - (12)
                     Mindset? - (wharris2) - (11)
                         Yes, mindset. - (Ric Locke) - (10)
                             I see his defense as simpler (if he has any) - (Ashton) - (9)
                                 Curiously enough, I don't see either as a defense. - (Ric Locke) - (2)
                                     Patty Hearst got off because she was rich. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Basic error, there, Ash - (wharris2)
                                 His defence is simple - (boxley) - (1)
                                     He'll be got on one count, at least - (wharris2)
                                 I see it slightly differently. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                     Joining a foreign military - (mhuber) - (2)
                                         Hmmmm. Gotta ponder. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         see other flame taliban !=military :) -NT - (boxley)
                 Please learn the terms you wish to employ. - (Brandioch)
         THE ACTUAL CHARGES. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             Finally.. Let The Games Begin - it is 'Robot Wars' - right? - (Ashton)

Do you believe everything you read on the radio?
74 ms