IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gramps isn't doing so well.
He's been in the hospital for a few days - mom told me yesterday that he was doing pretty well. Got a phone call from my brother tonight, who told me that the "doing pretty well" statement was not entirely true - in fact, it sounds like he's not doing all that well, and they may be operating on him next week in an attempt to save his life. Details are sketchy, but it may be a relapse on his prostate cancer, which went into remission about 20 years ago.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New Thoughts and prayers for your family, Thane.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New F's Cr'ed.
New Ditto!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New That sucketh.
Good wishes, prayers, vibes, etc on the way...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Best wishes.
Hopes and vibes sent
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
New hope you can spend some time, wishes sent
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Best wishes. Go visit him.
There are few places more depressing than a hospital. Go visit him and let him know you appreciate him. Whether or not he has the surgery, and whether or not he pulls through (everyone's time comes at some point), stop by and be there for him if you can.

Best wishes to you and him.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Going on Sunday.
I was just up at their place last weekend. I'm not telling my mom ahead of time - she'll turn it into a major production. I'm just going to jet up, drop in, then take off.

I'm also going to add that I feel accepting of what might be happening. He's had a long, happy life by any measure, with a beautiful wife and four wonderful daughters. If he gets a few more years, I'll be happy, but if not, I can accept it without being too terribly angry at the universe. I can only hope that I live my life half as well as he has.

Sad though? Oh Hell yes I'll be sad.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
Expand Edited by inthane-chan May 12, 2006, 10:51:33 AM EDT
New Couldn't go.
On Friday, I was feeling a little cranky. Thought it was just a mood, then I get home and find out that the little boy brought a bug home with him earlier in the week. Realized that the throbbing headache I had wasn't inspired by the numbnuts idiot I had to deal with at work, but a little viral visitor.

Spent friday night and saturday morning having deep and philosophical conversations with Ralph, the Porcelain God. The universe decided to teach me how to dance the green apple quickstep yesterday, and I couldn't afford to be more than thirty seconds from a bathroom at any time. I had tickets for Cirque du Soleil on Saturday, but there was no way I was going to make it - and I didn't want to give the bug I had to the friend I had invited to go, so she went on her own.

I also didn't want to give the bug to my grandfather, what with how his health is, so I stayed here.

Grandpa is feeling pretty well right now, but they've got some drainage bags hooked up to him, and according to mom that's what was going on with a relative of his just before they died from something similar. Hope this isn't the big one, but it may be.
New That's going around
wife has it, kid had it, kid's friends have it, I think I'm getting it. Some kind of flu-ish thing.

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New Oh, you're in for it now...
New More thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Ditto and then some.
New Best of luck
I'm heading to Bandera tomorrow for an extended weekend as my grandpa's having surgery on Monday. Not for anything major like cancer; but, he is in his mid 80s.
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
New Best of good wishes to you, Thane
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Good thoughts to Gramps
Follow your MOUSE
New Sorry to hear that, hope you have good news soon
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Sorry to hear.....hope for better news soon.
New Sorry to hear that
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life."

By Geoffrey F. Abert
     Gramps isn't doing so well. - (inthane-chan) - (19)
         Thoughts and prayers for your family, Thane. -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         F's Cr'ed. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Ditto! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         That sucketh. - (imric)
         Best wishes. - (Silverlock)
         hope you can spend some time, wishes sent -NT - (boxley)
         Best wishes. Go visit him. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Going on Sunday. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 Couldn't go. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     That's going around - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         Oh, you're in for it now... -NT - (inthane-chan)
         More thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Ditto and then some. -NT - (imqwerky)
         Best of luck - (SpiceWare)
         Best of good wishes to you, Thane -NT - (jb4)
         Good thoughts to Gramps -NT - (bionerd)
         Sorry to hear that, hope you have good news soon -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Sorry to hear.....hope for better news soon. -NT - (slugbug)
         Sorry to hear that - (Nightowl)

So, we're the un-holy trinity?
144 ms