IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My daughters think they can learn my thinking about it.
#2 has flunked road test 3 times. Still hasn't set a time when I can take her out for practice. Instead she'll go back and retake the test again.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Ben spent 3 hours driving yesterday
1st was spent in school parking lot driving my Mazda Millenia.

The problem with my car is the gas pedal has a firm threshold that you have to push through. This means you push a bit harder and harder with seemingly no response, and then WHAM - acceleration kicks in.

I'm told they felt the G force.

Later on they went out in Barb's Kia Sorrento. SUV - sits high, incredibly tight steering - pratically pivots on the front wheels, and smooth acceleration. He likes that much better.

He spent a while on the 25 MPH roads in my development. Everytime he passed a parked car Barb would gasp for breath and squeak "Too close!".

Other than that she said he did great. The kid's got perfect hand-eye coordination (as proven by the video games). Hopefully he got his depth perception from Barb. She has the ability to says what piece of furniture fits in what spot by glancing at it.

He has 6 months of practice before the test. He'll ace it.
     Ben started driving today - (broomberg) - (48)
         Gee, I didn't know my driving affected you that much :-P - (ben_tilly)
         My dad had trouble teaching my sister - (SpiceWare) - (7)
             My daughters think they can learn my thinking about it. - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 Ben spent 3 hours driving yesterday - (broomberg)
             1st? - (broomberg) - (4)
                 not so silly - (SpiceWare)
                 Either way works - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     That is a very smart idea - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         Where I got it from... - (ben_tilly)
         BTDT with Child #1, Child #2 starts driver's ed in June - (imqwerky) - (1)
             Not a good idea, querk! - (jb4)
         If you don't participate, you'll miss some stories to tell. - (a6l6e6x) - (35)
             I'll be learning to drive a manual / stick / standard soon. - (Meerkat) - (34)
                 Couple thing to remember - (broomberg) - (32)
                     You forgot the #1 rule: If you can't find it, grind it! :-D -NT - (imqwerky) - (4)
                         You can't really say you drive stick . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Oh, I dunno about that - (drewk)
                             Did that years ago. - (folkert) - (1)
                                 You must have had synchro on 1st. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Re: Couple thing to remember - (pwhysall) - (26)
                         It'll all be flat (and quiet!) roads to start with. - (Meerkat) - (3)
                             What's wrong with your BlueBird? -NT - (static) - (2)
                                 Still works, but it's old. Bit bored after 5 years of it. -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                     Ah. - (static)
                         handbrake my arse - (boxley) - (17)
                             Ar. - (admin) - (11)
                                 5 feet slippage? - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                     Never used one. - (admin) - (8)
                                         You can't control the space behind you. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                             No, but I can make my needs known. - (admin) - (6)
                                                 Footbrake in queue = antisocial - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                     You have the oddest ideas sometimes... - (admin) - (1)
                                                         I don't rely on lights to work out whether a car is stopped. - (pwhysall)
                                                     Also, footbrake casuing lights to go on == - (folkert)
                                                     you dont have those brake lites on sunshine - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         You make no sense -NT - (pwhysall)
                                     Wot's a handbrake? - (jbrabeck)
                             Complete crap. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 makes up for the highbeams theyre shining into my dash -NT - (boxley)
                                 Must admit I've never noticed this problem. - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                     Do you ever get fog in Sydney? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         A few nights a year, if you're (un)lucky. -NT - (Meerkat)
                         Just don't think TOO smooth. - (admin) - (3)
                             Ar - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Eh? - (Another Scott)
                                 Air brakes are fun too, for the unprepared :-) - (ben_tilly)
                 advice deja vue - (boxley)
         Can totally relate... - (slugbug)

This sort of marketing only works with clothes, oddly enough.
89 ms