IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not a fun day here today.
But, the Vicodin helps with the pain.

Had to sink ~$4K into two pieces of titanium that were screwed into my jaw bone. The said pieces of titanium have (for now, covered) threaded holes that will take screw-in titanium "posts". These adjoining posts will eventually support crowns or a bridge (at additional cost) so I can use the right side of my mouth to chew.

I'm told these will be the strongest teeth (using the term loosely) in my mouth.

This is a penalty for being, as well as having parents who were, poor and ignorant.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New sorry to hear about that, Alex
I am dreading going to the torturechamber dentist myself.

I wish you a swift healing.

Amy

Stop looking at my signature!
New Thanks, Amy!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Sending soothing thoughts your way
New Condolences
Having gone though similiar experiences, I can feel your pain.

May you recover quickly.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New A coworker did that earlier this year
It didn't sound fun then, and it doesn't sound better now.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Sending comfort and prayer your way.

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life."

By Geoffrey F. Abert
New ouch.
who knew that eating could be so expensive?
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New ouch! will face that myself sometime, not looking forward
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New These your 1st?
I had one put in when I was around 22. Only "teeth" that don't cause me pain.
If I could afford it, I'd have my whole mouth ripped out and replaced.
New Yep, first implants for me. Anywhere! :)
Alex

New Commiserations, but I'm with Barry:
Look at the upside.

For instance, once the base posts are in, shouldn't it be fairly easy to swap different top bits in and out? (If those suckers don't already come with some kind of a quick-release system, they damn well *should* come with one!)

Then you can have pretty white ones for everyday use, scary fangs for Halloween, a rubber-padded bridge thingy for boxing... Heck, if you wanna get back in the computronics biz, you could even get a convenient set of stainless cable-stripper ones! See whatta lotta upsides?

HTH! :-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
New Grillz, baybee!
New Ouch. Sorry to hear that.
New Yowsers!
Hang in there, bud....
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Just reading that made my eyes water.
I've never had any dental work done other than a cavity filled here or there as a kid, and I hope to keep it that way!
Follow your MOUSE
New My son, who is 3 months older than you are, has never had...
a cavity for dentist to fill. And that is despite having to wear braces in his early teenage years. I attribute that to fluoride taken by my wife when she was pregnant and fluoride given to him when he was baby.
Alex

New I think it's mostly genetic.
My father didn't have his first cavity until he was 35. I had lots in my baby teeth, but have had only had about 3 as an adult.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New We can rebuild him!
Faster! Better! Stronger!

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New LOL I dare someone to say, "Bite Me" to Alex :-)

Stop looking at my signature!
New You'd be safe for a couple of months, anyway. :-)
Alex

Not a fun day here today. - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
         sorry to hear about that, Alex - (imqwerky) - (1)
             Thanks, Amy! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Sending soothing thoughts your way -NT - (Another Scott)
         Condolences - (jbrabeck)
         A coworker did that earlier this year - (ben_tilly)
         Sending comfort and prayer your way. -NT - (Nightowl)
         ouch. - (cforde)
         ouch! will face that myself sometime, not looking forward -NT - (boxley)
         These your 1st? - (broomberg) - (1)
             Yep, first implants for me. Anywhere! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Commiserations, but I'm with Barry: - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Grillz, baybee! -NT - (dbishop)
         Ouch. Sorry to hear that. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         Yowsers! - (jb4)
         Just reading that made my eyes water. - (bionerd) - (2)
             My son, who is 3 months older than you are, has never had... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I think it's mostly genetic. - (Another Scott)
         We can rebuild him! - (pwhysall) - (2)
             LOL I dare someone to say, "Bite Me" to Alex :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (1)
                 You'd be safe for a couple of months, anyway. :-) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

I should have blown up.
81 ms