IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I wouldn't do that myself.
1) We don't know that the fleas are from the lawn. Unless it's been warm there for a week or more, I would be very surprised if the fleas were from the lawn. I'd suspect another animal or maybe a garage-kept car that is used to transport infected animals.

2) It's probably illegal. E.g. [link|http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/wpp/permits/issued/R401000.pdf|6 page .pdf].

3) It's dangerous.

If she wants to treat her lawn to control fleas, she should use something like [link|http://www.scotts.com/index.cfm/event/ProductGuide.product/documentType/product/category/%2FCategories%2FProducts%2FWeed+Insect+and+Disease+Control%2FLawn+Insect+Control+with+Fertilizer/documentId/4ee0cc56d9f04c3605fb1449d4a69c8c|this]. Note that it's used in the summer. More information about indoor and outdoor flea control is [link|http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bulletins/uc/uc-034.html|here].

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: I wouldn't do that myself.
Don't worry, I don't do major things like that without thinking them out or discussing them with John. It did warm up a bit which was when they jumped on me from the grass by the front walk. I saw them jump, so I know they were outside somehow.

We intend to get a power spray (like we had last year) as soon as it's warm enough to stay non-snowy. Meanwhile, I'm walking down the driveway and around the street corner to the mailbox again. Hey, it can't hurt, it's good exercise.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life."

By Geoffrey F. Abert
     A new outlook on life - (Nightowl) - (38)
         Good - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
             Thanks all! - (Nightowl)
         Good for you, Brenda! - (a6l6e6x)
         I had noticed - (cforde)
         Or as my mater used to say, - (Ashton)
         Yeah, we noticed. Good for you, congratulations! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Good. Make yourself #0, not #7 though. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Yeah! Looks like you hit bottom! - (danreck)
         Best of luck to you! - (dmcarls)
         As one who has "been there, done that" - (lincoln) - (3)
             You too, linc. Glad things are going well with your project! -NT - (Another Scott)
             Nice to hear about things looking Up; think you're due - -NT - (Ashton)
             That's great news, Lincoln! - (Nightowl)
         Serious setback :( - (Nightowl) - (24)
             Damn! Those li'l buggars are PERSISTENT, aren't they? -NT - (jb4)
             Didn't you know . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
             time to get hard core - (boxley) - (11)
                 Re: time to get hard core - (Nightowl) - (10)
                     good enough, here's what you do - (boxley) - (9)
                         NOTE: Smoking while doing this would be a bad idea -NT - (drewk) - (4)
                             you can put out a smoke in a cup of kerosene - (boxley) - (3)
                                 I knew you would know that :-) - (drewk)
                                 But can you do the same with sprayed kerosene? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     preasurising sprayed kerosene is different -NT - (boxley)
                         Would it hurt the wildlife/domestic critters? - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             it will kill all the bugs but voles and larger are okay - (boxley)
                         I wouldn't do that myself. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Re: I wouldn't do that myself. - (Nightowl)
             I've learned to live with them - (broomberg) - (8)
                 Snuggly cat - (broomberg) - (1)
                     OT: cats - (Arkadiy)
                 Re: I've learned to live with them - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     Uhh, Brenda...broomberg != lincoln -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                         Re: Uhh, Brenda...broomberg != lincoln - (Nightowl)
                 Ugghh. I could never snuggle up to something with fleas - (bionerd) - (1)
                     I thought you said you liked bikers? -NT - (drewk)
                 You have a problem. - (static)

I hope you are enjoy it.
235 ms