IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A similar period in another venue -
While celebrating new berets - and as I am in multi-disciplinary-OS mode too, over past several days - I share your elation/relief when such a mondo migration of material from the pre-Neocon era Just Works, here within and despite the larger scale Tribulations.

(It is Bad for me to possess a copy of Missing Manual AND have a new G-4 next door, wirelessly transmitting proseless death from creekside to that person's rural villa nearby. I think I see a PCM-card wifi in a big plastic hP, ere I see a 6-core G-6 - but then.. truly spiffy things are worth waiting-for.)

So then, re that neighbor who was Ex-Peed upon, finally: odoriferously terminally:

She LOVES her G-4 Powerbook. Wishes Billy maimed.

Actually prefers the 12" version for handy size / her undemanding uses.
-- especially noting the ungainly footprint of the 15" hP Pavilion(s),
the elder of which I may well inherit - giant step Up from my mem-poverished derelict, Tecra 700 maxxed out at 40 MB; can't even run Mozilla. Think NS 4 ;-/

And indeed, she managed to get her drab Linksys router to do what the $200 Airport (-er limousine) base does quite more stylishly. In fact, she's done virtually all of the configuring solo, getting Moz on to compare with Safari, etc. - with the elan of an old pro + the Just Works! cachet of the small jewel. (I love it when people disconnect things whose complete functions they barely comprehend: by labelling wires and Taking Notes. Y'know?)

Next there will be tales of whether the PC emulator delivers her the one important Beastware URL: via 1.5 GB, latest 98SE-Lite, and-NOT-XP thankyouverymuch.

Hmmm - an OSX emulator for the hP notebook?
One potatoe at a time.

Glad you ran into no blank walls at 3 AM,

moi

(who finds that immersion in this peculiarly unforgiving, punctilious game - goes better - taken asif one is doing the Sat. NYTimes crossword, with a little local St Francis '96 Merlot ... and breaks ... with cat sitting on lap.)

New Slightly OT
My sister bought her husband a 12" G4 Powerbook yesterday - she was tired of never getting to use her 20" G5 iMac.

That makes 7 berets in the clan now, with my mom being the only one without.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
     Four days in - (rcareaga) - (3)
         Glad it's going well! Thanks for the update. -NT - (Another Scott)
         A similar period in another venue - - (Ashton) - (1)
             Slightly OT - (Steve Lowe)

Who left that on the floor?
79 ms