IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I do this all the time...
What's wrong with simply not hitting the "Mark Forum Read" link?
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Well...
...as stated in my post...I read some of the postings, and defer some for later. Given that there are hundreds of posts submitted each day, the resulting bookkeeping task is much better left to a ... computer ... than to my rather faulty recollection.

Gee, isn't that what computers are for?!?
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Until the next version is out, you could use a place-holder
It's not an ideal solution, but it's something...

Pick a thread that you're interested in but don't have time to read and respond to yet. Post a reply - even a NT reply. It'll show up in [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/user?userid=56|your] list of posts. When you've got time, click on [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/user?userid=56|your] login, select the post, edit it or just go back to the thread and read and/or post.

By doing that, you can mark everything read and still go back to threads that you had some interest in. I think Ross and Box have used this technique.

Of course, you do have to pick the threads in advance, but you'd have to do something similar with your suggested technique as well.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New /me likes. thanx
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

"mark as unread" - (jb4) - (9)
         I do this all the time... - (Yendor) - (3)
             Well... - (jb4) - (2)
                 Until the next version is out, you could use a place-holder - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     /me likes. thanx -NT - (jb4)
         Cut-n-paste a mark read link, then edit to an earlier time. - (folkert) - (2)
             Thanx! - (jb4) - (1)
                 What about this? - (folkert)
         Can't be done on this codebase - (admin) - (1)
             Bummer :-( - (jb4)