IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Three words: Ohio State Buckeyes.
Dumbass, read the schedule. 25-22, on the road, in the Horseshoe. Home-and-home series, and OSU comes to Austin next year. They might actually win, too, since VY has now declared for the '06 draft. Can't say I blame him one bit, either.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Play them EVERY year
and I might accept your point of view. Until then, UT takes the typical coward's way out of refusing to face QUALITY non-conference competition, each and every year, under Mack Brown.

BTW dumbass, how good was the quality of the Big 12 this year?
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New how many top 10 college teams does chicago have?
hmm, the? no, how about the? uh uh, then there is.... nope. :-)
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Comparing a whole state to a city?
C'mon Box, I thought that you were more intelligent than that.

Besides, Chicago is a college basketball town.

lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New The Maroons are just waiting for the right moment.
They can (IIRC) rejoin the Big 10 at any time and [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Chicago#Sports_and_traditions|regain their rightful glory].

Or something like that. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New If you had a clue...
...You would know that college football non-conference schedules are created 4-5 years in advance. Yes, Mack has been coach at Texas for 8 years. Due to the lead-time for these non-conference games, some teams were scheduled at the height of their run, and then faded prior to actually facing the Longhorns (North Carolina 2001/2002?). Others are simply good games: Arkansas 03/04, OSU 05/06.

Does Texas schedule cream puffs? Of course they do. Every good football team does, since in college ball, there's no pre-season. What about USC this year? Who'd they play out-of-conference? Hawaii? Arkansas? (Note: I'll admit that the Arkansas game was likely scheduled when Arkansas was a better team than they were this year.) Yes, they also played Gonzaga and ND. ND might as well be a conference game for them, since the two always play -- just as OU and Texas did every year before the invention of the Big 12 in 1996.

Sum record of Big 12 opponents faced by Texas this year: 52-42. (9 conference games, including 2 against Colorado.) 0.553 winning percentage.
Sum record of Pac 10 opponents faced by USC this year: 49-43. (8 conference games.) 0.532 winning percentage.

So the quality of Big 12 opponents (even counting both games against Colorado) was higher than what USC faced in the Pac 10.

Texas' record from 2000-2005? 65-11. Percentage? 0.855.
Texas' record from 1998-2005 (since Mack Brown started coaching)? 83-19. Percentage? 0.814.

I'll take that any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     Another Texas Classic in the books - (Yendor) - (21)
         And USC's Leinhart shows why USC stands for ... - (mmoffitt) - (14)
             Everyone's entitled to their opinion... - (Yendor) - (10)
                 lets see, early in the first quarter, 30yard run 10 yards to - (boxley)
                 This years greatest football team of all time got beat... - (ChrisR)
                 I'd be tempted to support that claim - (lincoln) - (7)
                     Three words: Ohio State Buckeyes. - (Yendor) - (5)
                         Play them EVERY year - (lincoln) - (4)
                             how many top 10 college teams does chicago have? - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Comparing a whole state to a city? - (lincoln)
                                 The Maroons are just waiting for the right moment. - (Another Scott)
                             If you had a clue... - (Yendor)
                     Every college has creampuffs on schedule - (bepatient)
             Well, he was just a couple of inches short of being right - (ChrisR) - (2)
                 Point stands. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     walk the "40 acres" - (lincoln)
         Running the table? - (ChrisR) - (2)
             Re: Running the table? - (Yendor) - (1)
                 That, or use Brown's real strategy for finally winning... - (ChrisR)
         Visit this link at night sometime this weekend (1/5-1/8/06) - (Yendor)
         Just as long as the zebras - (lincoln) - (1)
             Re: Just as long as the zebras - (Yendor)

Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable.
105 ms