IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Depends.
I'd run to the ballot box with a few dozen of my closest friends.

Oh, you mean where would one emigrate to? Well, that depends too. If you've got enough money, you can live very well, with many of the personal freedoms we come to expect, almost anywhere. (E.g. Arthur C. Clarke lives in Sri Lanka.)

Don't panic. Politics goes in cycles. The national politics will swing leftward again, and probably pretty soon. I don't think Bush is going to be able to hand-wave his way out of his current predicament. I don't think it'll come to impeachment, but I think things like the recent NSA disclosure, the Little Red Book story, etc., are causing people to realize that checks on the executive have been too weak and must be strengthened.

But to answer your question, if I had to leave it would probably be to Canada. Nice people up there, reasonable freedoms, a reasonable economy, not as crowded as Europe, and very much like the US in many respects.

But I'm not packing my bags anytime soon. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New He won't have to hand-wave.
All he'll have to do is utter the magic words: "Save American Lives", and all his problems will magically disappear.
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Dunno. Sens. Levin and Feingold sound pretty pissed off now.
See [link|http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.html?PV=6.0.12&&title=Democratic%20Senators%20on%20U.S.%20Policy%20in%20Iraq&link=rtsp%3A%2F%2Fvideo.c%2Dspan.org%2Fproject%2Firaq%2Firaq121905%5Fdems.rm|C-Span Real] link (39:33). If that doesn't work for you, check [link|http://www.c-span.org/homepage.asp?Cat=Current_Event&Code=Terr&ShowVidNum=25&Rot_Cat_CD=911_Resp&Rot_HT=&Rot_WD=&ShowVidDays=30&ShowVidDesc=&ArchiveDays=365|this] link to Recent Programs and look for "Sens. Levin (D-MI), Feingold (D-WI), & Reed (D-RI) on Iraq & Patriot Act (12/19/2005)".

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'm happy they're PO'ed
but tht's not news (esp. for Feingold, who was the only senator with a set re: the Iraq "incursion"). Now show me a Repo who's pissed, and I say you've got something.

(Breath not being held...)
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

Student investigated for requesting 'The Little Red Book' - (warmachine) - (30)
         Once again, too late to run. -NT - (imric)
         For argument's sake, where would be the best place to run? - (imqwerky) - (25)
             Australia has riots. -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                 *Everywhere* has riots. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     I don't know... - (hnick)
                 s/has/had/ (fingers crossed it remains like that) -NT - (Meerkat)
             Depends. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 He won't have to hand-wave. - (jb4) - (2)
                     Dunno. Sens. Levin and Feingold sound pretty pissed off now. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I'm happy they're PO'ed - (jb4)
             I've got a short list - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                 think I would rather live in Nigeria than Belize -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Nigeria, huh? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Well you could always visit my home for wayward girls - (boxley)
                     Its not on my list either - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         The people, Belize is the scphincter of the world - (boxley)
             Since you ask - (warmachine) - (8)
                 Temperate climate... - (admin) - (1)
                     Chavs == trailer trash - (pwhysall)
                 Re: Since you ask - (Yendor) - (1)
                     Now, now. - (pwhysall)
                 rather live in a place that allows you to defend yourself - (boxley) - (3)
                     Yeah, but your police keep shooting you. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         Funny... - (imric)
                         only if I venture on the subway with my backpack -NT - (boxley)
             depends if you got a buck or two - (boxley)
             Switzerland -- they have the best chocolate! - (lincoln)
         Hoax... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
             Wow. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Nit. - (mmoffitt)

And that's not all!
60 ms