IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The wife and I are on our own this year

Also, feeling terribly lazy about the cooking thing.

SO, this year it's HoneyBaked Ham (tm), sweet potato souffle, broccoli and rice casserole and potatoes au gratin.

From Harry and David we got a lovely pumpkin cheesecake.

For our T-day celebration we're having a "Danger Man" mini-marathon courtesy of NetFlix, since neither of us are big football folk.

Tom Sinclair

Inara: It sounds like something this crew can handle. I can't guarantee they'll handle it particularly well, but\ufffd
Nandi: If they got guns and brains at all.
Inara: They've got guns\ufffd
- 'Heart of Gold', Firefly
New Sounds nice
were I in Denver, I'd invite you over.

But I'm not, just the 3 of us with a giant home made t-day banquet (i said get the smallest bird you can find - apparently that is 12 pounds).

Original plan was to do a nice meal with some good fresh local fish (salmon most likely) but the evil teachers at Eileen's school have pounded into her head that she will have a turkey and so she shall.

I suspect this meal will last at least a week. Bird is in oven with about 2 hours to go, lots of dressing (very fancy recipe and figuring in the cost of the liqueurs - far and away the most expensive part of the meal) and yam casserole waiting to go in, cranberry chutney and mashed potatoes done last night, apple pie for dessert, all dishes are go.

Fire in the stove and it just started raining. :-/

Happy t-day 2 you.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:41:12 AM EDT
     Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow countrymen (and women)! - (bepatient) - (21)
         ed zachaery, my stuffing this year will be - (boxley) - (3)
             Doing the sausage and sauerkraut stuffing again . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 hmm, havnt started mine yet, have a link? Apples would add - (boxley) - (1)
                     Here's my preliminary plan. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Back atcha and to others as well - (imqwerky)
         Thanks to you, and for you and everyone here, too. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Giving thanks to all - (Silverlock)
         And to you, my neo-fascist friend. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             Well I thought I was wrong... - (bepatient) - (4)
                 Only time i was wrong - (jbrabeck)
                 Yes, you were mistaken... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     I know - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Keep on believing that... -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Gobble gobble.. - (Ashton)
         Same to you and all the others here - (hnick)
         I'm cooking with a friend this year. - (bionerd) - (1)
             Mom is doing the cooking - (Nightowl)
         Thanks, Beep! - (a6l6e6x)
         The wife and I are on our own this year - (tjsinclair) - (1)
             Sounds nice - (tuberculosis)
         Dittos, beep! :-) -NT - (Steve Lowe)

My neurons began.. shrieking, best I can remember.
88 ms