IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: request peanut gallery from the crew
Minimum paid tenure could be negotiated and put into the Termination part of the contract. Think about how you would feel if it ended in a year or 18 months, or whatever. For example, you could ask for 1 year at full rate and remainder of second year at 3/4 rate for any early termination to compensate you for the major non-financial aggravations of moving. It would cost them nothing extra if they are truthful about the job.

Kids flexibility to change depends on their personality and a lot on their age. Pre-teen adapt quickly to change, make new friends, etc. Expect no more than a month of moaning and groaning. Teens are bad news by comparison. Breaking into established cliques in school and in the neighborhood is more difficult. They have to reestablish who they are in the scheme of things. Initially, they link with other kids who are also "new". It helps to be in a place that has "new" kids. Teenagers will bitch and moan for up to two years. Then they are glad you moved. That's been my experience moving from Upstate NY to Charlotte. And, sorry, kids do no decide whether or not you move unless they are contributing to family income.

Climate is not a major factor unless it affects you mentally. If you can have fun in it year-round, life is good. I would not worry about "thin" blood.

This is real life and not, as they say, a dress rehearsal. If your dream is to be AK, go for it.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Well the kids would be around other kids they grew
up with who are still in the neighborhood as well as cousins etc close by. Just the opportunities for kids is limited. No art music or sports in the schools. All play is limited and regulated as well as expensive. The sledding hill is being demolished for a soccer field expansion. No children allowed on fields during summer unless in a league. The fishing lake is close by in Alaska but the florida house is on the fishing lake.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
     request peanut gallery from the crew - (boxley) - (16)
         Go for it! - (nking) - (3)
             I used to maintain their programs using PICK - (boxley) - (2)
                 What to do? - (nking) - (1)
                     Well I have 2 houses one in FL and one in AK - (boxley)
         How long do you have to decide? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Will look here in FL because moves are aggravating - (boxley)
         Re: request peanut gallery from the crew - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Well the kids would be around other kids they grew - (boxley)
         See how much they are willing to offer - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             Well these folks are long time clients of mine - (boxley) - (2)
                 Sounds like a good offer - (JayMehaffey)
                 Besides the offer - (wharris2)
         Alex is right, kids don't decide if you move or not. Also... - (CRConrad) - (1)
             No seriously the full eskimo was frozen, mom - (boxley)
         As I remember... - (Yendor) - (1)
             I have been in Florida for 2yrs 3 months - (boxley)

Dr. Peter prescribes a nice warm cup of shut the hell up.
52 ms