IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Go for it!
Find out as much as you can on PICK, and anything else they may be using. Make sure that you don't appear as a PHB that knows nothing about it. PI-Open and Linux, much better than ".NET" and Windows 2000. Believe it or not, a lot of headhunters are asking for three years of ".NET" experience. "Norman, are you a .NET expert?" I have to hold back the laughter as ".NET" is still in beta and I am still learning it. I just had to do a RRR of the W2K Server and haven't had time to reinstall it yet. In fact right now my wife is getting on my case about looking for a job in the want-ads of the newspaper, and it doesn't come in until tomorrow. *Sigh* I have the time to learn ".NET" but am spending that time with my family, looking for a job, and updating my network of friends and contacts.

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
New I used to maintain their programs using PICK
which is why they want me for this. Dunno if the family upheaval is worth it. Although if I dont take it and lose the house I am in I will have essentially the same deal but without a job.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New What to do?
Could you move there, rent and send money home? Or does it not pay enough to do that? My father once had to move to Texas and rent an apartment to work for the phone company. He would send money home to have us pay the bills. He did this for a year or two. When AT&T broke up, they sent him around to different offices to train people.

I'd talk it over with your family first, see if they want to move or not. Losing the house can be a big crisis, I don't want to lose ours. But if worse comes to worse, I may have to sell it and move my son and wife into an apartment until I can get back on my feet.

"In order to completely solve a problem, you must make sure that the root of the problem is completely removed! If you leave the root, the problem will come back later to get you." - Norman King
New Well I have 2 houses one in FL and one in AK
I have the one in Anchorage rented to cover the mortgage, after March the tenants year lease is up and we go month to month. I could leave my family here and rent a room off my buddy, but money is not worth that. I am somewhat monogomous and a 2 year sentence without the emotional support of spouse would be too big a burden. It is also 2yrs out of my kids lives ata formative stage. I could lose the house in Florida but in that case I could move to gorgeous trailer Park on the Alafia River for 600 a month compared to the 1550 I pay monthly now in West Palm. The tampa market seems better right now anyway.
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
     request peanut gallery from the crew - (boxley) - (16)
         Go for it! - (nking) - (3)
             I used to maintain their programs using PICK - (boxley) - (2)
                 What to do? - (nking) - (1)
                     Well I have 2 houses one in FL and one in AK - (boxley)
         How long do you have to decide? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Will look here in FL because moves are aggravating - (boxley)
         Re: request peanut gallery from the crew - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Well the kids would be around other kids they grew - (boxley)
         See how much they are willing to offer - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             Well these folks are long time clients of mine - (boxley) - (2)
                 Sounds like a good offer - (JayMehaffey)
                 Besides the offer - (wharris2)
         Alex is right, kids don't decide if you move or not. Also... - (CRConrad) - (1)
             No seriously the full eskimo was frozen, mom - (boxley)
         As I remember... - (Yendor) - (1)
             I have been in Florida for 2yrs 3 months - (boxley)

There are 178 parent languages on our planet, with over 1000 dialects. It's amazing we communicate at all.
74 ms