IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting coincidence...
...as I watched about a half dozen cars and 2 very large trucks tangle immediately in front of me and the wife (in the new car), while raining on the NJ T-pike.

I was travelling and some 80 mph when I saw the first one start ping-ponging around about 100 yards up.

Behind me was many many autos and one very large fuel tanker.

I braked...HARD...narrowly missing the pickup on my left that was the last one to bump fenders...looked back...and immediately moved as close to the accident as possible and was missed by about a foot by the idiot trucker that saw his opening on the right and decided that he could pass this fray at 50+.

I was supposed to go on a boat ride around Manhattan. An accident on southbound caused the rubberneck that caused my near death experience.

We had dinner in New Brunswick...fabulous 4 star meal...waited for the closed southbound TP to reopen...and here I am.

Whee!
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Keep that rabbit's foot clean! Glad you're OK too.
New (rain.. 80 mph.. ... Juan Manuel Beep at Nurburgring?)

New Its the New Jersey Turnpike.
Driving under 80 is dangerous.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Funny thing about toll roads...
...seems that the speed limit is pure fiction. And for good reason: if you're gonna pay that much, you wanna get off of it fast!

Same rules here on the Ill Tollway: Go 55 and die!
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Official limit is 65
Unofficial cruise speed when it is 3 or more lanes is 75 in the slow lane.

What created the issue for my little "experience" was someone late in braking...it was a bit slick and they "panic braked" and lost control. From there...its sort of like watching an accident on a restrictor plate track in nascar.

New Re: Official limit is 65
I appreciate that Tpke Rulez limit one's options.. (depending on what the penalty is there - for dropping to 65 in Slow lane, when the rain squalls limit visibility to x car lengths. Do many have car guns?)

So then, it's a Tpke-full of Fangios, but without remembering his Attention! reminder (most of whom dunno WTF he was).

Your description suggests another argument for ABS - the less physics-ept the driver, the more that complex gadget is Worth lots more than the 18-speaker Boson multi-channel driver-distractor. While a Pro can outbrake the transistors on decent surfaces; in oil-slime, etc. it's priceless.

I'm sure you know what alt. routes there are (or aren't). All I know is - if this is the way it Is on that Tpke, even with obvious weather afoot - methinks I'd opt for eschewing the Keystone Krashers that day, with any alts. at all.

Luck,

moi

New use the turnpike or take the train, no other routes :(
"the reason people don't buy conspiracy theories is that they think conspiracy means everyone is on the same program. Thats not how it works. Everybody has a different program. They just all want the same guy dead. Socrates was a gadfly, but I bet he took time out to screw somebodies wife" Gus Vitelli

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Don't move back east, my friend
lest you become a shut-in.

The alternates are worse...much MUCH worse.

New Indeed. Boston --> Miami gave me a taste of that Tpke :(

I almost died today. - (broomberg) - (30)
         Whew! Goes with the roller coaster ride I guess. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Congrats to little grey-cells - (Ashton)
         Wow! - (Nightowl)
         That was a close one! - (a6l6e6x)
         I would have missed annoying you ;-) - (imqwerky)
         Such drivers need their license and vehicle removed. - (static) - (3)
             Pure instinct - (broomberg) - (2)
                 Sort of like... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Hey Barry, did you happen to notice - (danreck)
         Almost dying. Lots better than the alternative - (Silverlock)
         Interesting coincidence... - (bepatient) - (9)
             Keep that rabbit's foot clean! Glad you're OK too. -NT - (Another Scott)
             (rain.. 80 mph.. ... Juan Manuel Beep at Nurburgring?) -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
                 Its the New Jersey Turnpike. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     Funny thing about toll roads... - (jb4) - (5)
                         Official limit is 65 - (bepatient) - (4)
                             Re: Official limit is 65 - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 use the turnpike or take the train, no other routes :( -NT - (boxley)
                                 Don't move back east, my friend - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Indeed. Boston --> Miami gave me a taste of that Tpke :( -NT - (Ashton)
         Yikes! - (cforde)
         I was going to say that Barb must be disappointed... - (ben_tilly)
         The all powerful adrenaline surge. - (bionerd)
         Dude! - (jb4)
         On living and dying and contingencies - (rcareaga) - (2)
             ICLRPD (new thread) - (CRConrad)
             Provocative, - (Ashton)
         Glad to hear it. - (pwhysall)
         Don't do that, damnit! -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             I'll try -NT - (broomberg)

Carefully labored prose!
56 ms