IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Berk does the only thing he does well: Misdirection
Just went past the TV down in the break room to retrieve my lunch (@ $3.00 a gallon, I can't go out to lunch every day...). On CNN is the Berk in his 4-digit suit, busy (according to the caption below his smirking puss) giving out medals to civilian rescue workers for 9/11.

OK, so maybe they do deserve a medal. I don't begrudge them that. However, it is more than a little ironic, and more that a bit coincidental, that he's off reliving the glory of his last (and possibly only political triumph), while the Empire continues to burn. Even Colin Powell (remember him?) is [link|http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/09/katrina.powell.reut/index.html|slamming the response] (And he opines that the slowness of the response was based on the fact that the people were poor! and this is a Republican....)

The Berk == Nero, v2.0. The NeroBerk...it sounds about right (unfortunately...).
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New A little confused
Is the Berk yet another name for Bush? I must have missed something on here.

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Yes, in a way
See [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=221494|this subthread] for a complete breakdown of the term.

Note that the original inspiration for the term comes from our [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=214283|Master of The Queen's English] (no, not CRC, the other Master...). See the last paragraph.

HTH
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Thanks for the clarification. :)

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Redefinition of events worthy of El Rushbo!! Way to go!
(And he opines that the slowness of the response was based on the fact that the people were poor! and this is a Republican....)

which isn't even close to the reality of

"He said he did not think that race was a factor in the slow response, but that many of those unable to leave New Orleans in time were trapped by poverty which disproportionately affects blacks."

He didn't say that teh response was slow because they were poor or black, he said their inability to leave and hence their suffering was caused by poverty...

Like I said, a misquote and interpretation of fact that would make Mr Limbaugh pat you on the back and give you an "attaboy!"
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Reading is a skill. You might try it sometime
But then, any input might serve to disrupt your single-track mind a bit:

Maybe you can read this:
Some black leaders, including Democrats in Congress, have charged that racism contributed to the misery of New Orleans' predominantly black storm victims.

"I don't think it's racism, I think it's economic," Powell said. "But poverty disproportionately affects African-Americans in this country. And it happened because they were poor." [emphasis added]"

As to your rushbo crack: j<
jb4

New He's got a point
Poverty is what prevented many from leaving, not what slowed the Feds from coming in. Incompetence and bad planning did that.
--
Chris Altmann
New Its called context
"contributed to their misery" is not even remotely equivalent to "slowness of the response"

Keep trying...or maybe re-read your own post before you get so dismissive

Under no reading or definition can you attribute Mr Powell saying "the response was slow becasue they are poor"

to

"they couldn't leave and are thus in this state of misery"
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New NeroCons

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:43:50 PM EDT
New And his minions stonewall
[link|http://movies.crooksandliars.com/Imus-Gregory-Scotty-Blame-Game-9-8-Katrina.mov|http://movies.crooks...e-9-8-Katrina.mov] (Quicktime)

"I'm not going to play the blame game" starts to sound a lot like "I know you are but what am I".

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:44:04 PM EDT
     The Berk does the only thing he does well: Misdirection - (jb4) - (9)
         A little confused - (Nightowl) - (2)
             Yes, in a way - (jb4) - (1)
                 Thanks for the clarification. :) -NT - (Nightowl)
         Redefinition of events worthy of El Rushbo!! Way to go! - (bepatient) - (3)
             Reading is a skill. You might try it sometime - (jb4) - (2)
                 He's got a point - (altmann)
                 Its called context - (bepatient)
         NeroCons -NT - (tuberculosis)
         And his minions stonewall - (tuberculosis)

Chips, dips, chains, whips.
62 ms