IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Agreed
How the hell do I get OLN on my WideOpenWest cable system? Must start making plans now for the upcoming season.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Re: Agreed
and the irony is, Hockey isn't even played outdoors.

Wonder if any of the local networks will still show local games?

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New Ummm...
I live in Chicago. Billfold Wirtz doesn't allow televising of the local games unless the arena sells out, and that never happens because his on-ice product sucks. The 'Hawks have made some positive moves this pre-season, however. Things might change, but not all season long. And besides, I'm not a 'Hawks fan anyway. GO RANGERS!
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New "Dollar Bill" Wirtz
never allowed home games to be televised, even when they sold out the old Stadium or, in the past decade, the new United Center. He literally had to be pushed, prodded and threatened to show playoff games on local cable tv, on a service that he had part ownership of, back in the days when the Hawks were an okay team.

And you don't live in Chicago; you're approximately 28 miles west :-)
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New What about Fox Sports Network?
Did it stop televising also? I used to go see the Penguin games at a local bar on the Fox Sports Pittsburgh Network. Am I gonna have to start hunting for a bar that has OLN?

And they always put Blues games on Fox Sports or ESPN.... this will be weird.

Brenda

"Excel is to math what a Microwave Oven is to cooking!"
New It was outdoors...
...last season in Edmonton versus the Canadiens.
lister
New Beat me to it. THAT was hockey!
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     Outdoor Life Network? No NHL on ESPN???? - (mmoffitt) - (8)
         well since /me has comcast YAY! -NT - (boxley)
         Agreed - (Yendor) - (6)
             Re: Agreed - (Nightowl) - (5)
                 Ummm... - (Yendor) - (2)
                     "Dollar Bill" Wirtz - (lincoln) - (1)
                         What about Fox Sports Network? - (Nightowl)
                 It was outdoors... - (lister) - (1)
                     Beat me to it. THAT was hockey! -NT - (mmoffitt)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
43 ms