IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 13.25 hours to Harry Potter and counting.
I'm so excited I might just wet myself. I do love that little Harry.

Todd, I assume you'll be heading out to your warehouse to supervise the shipping of my copy toot-sweet.

They're selling them dirt cheap at Kroger, too. I might go pick up a 2nd copy so my son and I dont have to fight over who reads firsts.

Wands at the ready!
New Please don't discuss your incontinence problems
Just wear diapers if you need to, okay?

Thanks,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New excited usually doesnt mean urine :-)
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Dumbledore must die
It's inevitable! Can't keep him around in the last book to bail Parry Hotter out of trouble when he has to inevitable kill Snape. :-)

My 9yo daughter and I have read the books (out loud) together (trading off chapters). HP helped her enjoy reading at an early age - and that's the main reason I like the pimply faced kids of hogwarts.

So I'll be up late tonight at the local B&N sucking on the hallucinogen (ButterBeer) with my young one. To kill the time, we're taking her chess set to play while waiting in line.
New I guess being on the wrong side of the world has a bonus
The new Harry POtter is available for sale here at 1 minute past 9AM. Which, for a Saturday, is still a terribly uncivilised in my opinion, but never mind :)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New What? No just after midnight mania there?
[link|http://www.post-trib.com/cgi-bin/pto-story/news/z1/07-15-05_z1_news_12.html|Beginning at midnight tonight], book retailers are expecting a flood of fans who can\ufffdt get enough of the adventures of this bespectacled, half-blooded boy wonder.

J.K. Rowling\ufffds much-anticipated seventh book in the series, \ufffdHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,\ufffd officially goes on sale at 12:01 a.m. Saturday. Many book stores will be open late tonight in preparation for the invasion of \ufffdPotheads.\ufffd

Not to be mistaken with people who habitually smoke exotic herbs, these Potheads are just wild about Harry Potter.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New Same time, different place.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New *Sixth* book. HTH.
Save Fintlewoodlewix
New Re: Dumbledore must die
Noooo!!!! Not Dumbledore! He's the guy that summarizes the story at the end of every book. You need him.
Why is is it inevitable that he has to kill Snape? I dont see that.
Someone does die off in this book, though.
The half blood prince is neither Harry or Voldemort. So who's a half blood- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM! He has that connection with Harry through the prophecy in the last book. That's who I'm putting my money on- and that's who I think is going to die.

Mmmmmmm...butterbeer. Have fun.
New I'll bet that Hermione bites it...
No good reason other than the fact that she has been portrayed as a know-it-all and nobody likes a know-it-all. Entirely subconcious on Rowlings' part.

Anyways I look forward to reports, though I'll wait for the paperback version to read it.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New More spoilers...
My sources indicate a couple of other tidbits:

-- Turns out that Ginny Weasley is the inside source of information for voldemort, having been a snake-eater in her wild and crazy days at hogwarts college for aspiring witches.

-- Dudley buffs up even more in the latest book and beats the crap out of all the hogwarts students who don't fork over their lunch money. He becomes virtually unstoppable when he acquires WOMD (Wand of Master Dumbledore).

New Not their LUNCH MONEY! Say it ain't so!!!
New Re: Ginny Weasley
I'll bet she was eating snakes, the little slut.

he he he

Peace,
Amy

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting 'Heilige Sheisse, what a ride!'"

New Yes, Dumbledore must die
Kind of like the Obi-Wan Kenobi thing in the first Star Wars. Dumbledore is more powerful from the spirit world and so he succumbs to death.

Then Professor McGonagall will take over as headmistress of Hogwarts.

It makes perfect sense.

Peace,
Amy

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting 'Heilige Sheisse, what a ride!'"

New Book 6 reveals other Star Wars parallels
The scientific explanation for the difference between wizards and muggles is the level of midichlorians in their bodies. And Tom Riddle is revealed to be Harry Potter's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.
New "Make way for Dark Helmet!"
New *snigger*

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New "What are those things coming out of her nose?"
New Snape is the most interesting
Only character who's ultimate fate hangs in the balance. The rest are fairly predictable. Kind of like Gollum in the LoTR - he has both good and bad qualities.
New I hope it's been properly sub-edited
Rowling's writing style is horribly verbose; I think she's going for that Rider Haggard/"Ripping Yarns"-esque feel, but it just ends up looking like too many words.

Personally, I'm waiting for "Harry Potter and The Big Iron Guillotine That Cuts Off His Head".

Humbug, etc.

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New How can you say such a thing! (new thread)
Created as new thread #215001 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=215001|How can you say such a thing!]
New too. many. words. ___ heard that before -
In Amadeus, the PHB Regent-fop was referring to a Mozart opera..

*cough*
New Im waiting for the classic comics version
Just call me Mr. Lynch \\

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New The Muggles are at the Barnes and Noble.
Chris and daughter are at the Great Event eagerly awaiting the appointed unveiling of The Book.

I think he is more excited than she is :)

Peace,
Amy

New That's what kids are for; use as alibis for stuff like this.
New Ar Ar Ar!
And now the tussle over the book begins :0)

Emily: "Ok, who has my book?"
Critter: "What book? I haven't seen any book. (With large book-shaped lump under his tshirt heading towards the throne.)
Emily: " Daaaaaaaaaad!"

Peace,
Amy

New I started reading it yesterday- inconsequential spoilers
am almost through. I told my son he cant touch it until I'm done. I paid for it, I get first dibs. My theory about Neville Longbottom was way off base, I'm sorry to say. And Dumbledore is not dead yet. And Harry has the hots for Ginny. And that's all I'm going to say.
New Does it have too many words, or not?
New It's a little verbose- but I like her style of writing
I finished the book yesterday. Very, very interesting. Cant wait for the next one!
New Thanks. :-)
New My daughter and I finished it last night.
My opinion would be that the HBP is the best written of the series to this point. The last two books really dragged on in places, where a bit more editing was in order. Everythings crafted a bit better, pulling past events together while setting a very get stage for book 7. Couple of notes.

Who's the HBP? Must admit that the answer did surprise me, even though the clues made sense once it's revealed.

Is the HBP evil? I'm still trying to decide if Dumby conspired with him, knowing that survival was not possible. Perhaps the ultimate way to expose the he-who-must-not-be-named to those who are loyal to Dumby. Then again, the author really doesn't seem to have left much wriggle room to bring HBP back from the Dark Side.

Redemption? Well, if you accept that the HBP has gone over with no hope of coming back, then the next question is who's the sinner that will help the DA? My money's on Malfoy and Peter Pettigrew. I predict they will both be crucial characters in the next book.

Warped thoughts? Harry & Co. said they'd not be returning to hogwarts for the fall semester. This means that either (a). There's a chance for a book 8, because they won't get around to graduating; or, on the opposite extreme (b). Book 6 is the last of the series, as JKR plays a cruel hoax on the PFY, teaching them a lesson about unfulfilled aspirations (get used to disappointment kid). Of course, if JKR gets real inspired, she'll write 3 different versions of the last book. The first is where Lord Voldemort & minions successfully slaughter the hogwarts brats. The second where the trifecta of Harry, Hermione and Ron triumph and they fall in love and snog happily ever after. Finally, the real book should be some mixture of success and failure, with much of the question of evil unresolved.

New Re: My daughter and I finished it last night.
I'm reading it a 2nd time. I read it really fast the first time so I could pass it off to my son. Now I have to go back and absorb the details.

I was completely thrown by the identity of the HBP, and like you, I'm trying to figure out the double agent thing. Dumbledore's not a dumb guy- I dont think the HPB could pulled the wool over his eyes for all those years. Still, given Dumby's fate, I'm not sure what to think. I suspect Dumby must have known what was coming, otherwise he wouldnt have petrified Harry to keep him from interfering. Maybe it's all part of some master plan to be revealed in the next book. Maybe Dumby didnt suffer the fate we think he did-hmmmmm?

I agree with you about Malfoy- that kid is going to rise up the death eater ranks. But Pettigrew? He's too much of a coward to be of much consequence.

What did you make of the first chapter? It appeared to be of little importance to me, but there were some interesting parallels between the real world response to 9/11 and the war on terror.

And why the army of dead guys? What was the point of introducing them?

Next book should be interesting. Wonder what setting Rowlings is going to use given the mighty trio wont be attending Hogwarts next year.
And love will prevail. Lupin and Tonks will get married and have pink haired werewolf children. Bill and Fleur will give Mrs. Weasly some grandchildren. Ron and Hermione will do more than snog, and Harry will remain pure of mind, heart and body, as any good hero should.
New SPOILER supposition...
The HBP knows how to cast without vocalizing... so why did he shout the killing curse?

Unless he was actually casting something different...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
Expand Edited by admin Aug. 1, 2005, 04:14:19 PM EDT
New For the Critter Fam- Major spoilers and analysis
[link|http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/|http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/]

I think you'll like this.
New I'm glad...
that there is a warning on the site.

Since Critter and Emster read it together, I, the lowly Matriarch, have not had time to even crack the first page. So, when I saw your post and clicked on the link I was most grateful that it advised not to go one step further unless one wished to spoil the whole story.

Am looking forward to being in the HBP club.

Peace,
Amy

Illegitimi non corborundum.

13.25 hours to Harry Potter and counting. - (bionerd) - (34)
         Please don't discuss your incontinence problems - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             excited usually doesnt mean urine :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Dumbledore must die - (ChrisR) - (15)
             I guess being on the wrong side of the world has a bonus - (Meerkat) - (3)
                 What? No just after midnight mania there? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Same time, different place. -NT - (Meerkat)
                     *Sixth* book. HTH. -NT - (static)
             Re: Dumbledore must die - (bionerd) - (10)
                 I'll bet that Hermione bites it... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                     More spoilers... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                         Not their LUNCH MONEY! Say it ain't so!!! -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         Re: Ginny Weasley - (imqwerky)
                 Yes, Dumbledore must die - (imqwerky) - (4)
                     Book 6 reveals other Star Wars parallels - (ChrisR) - (3)
                         "Make way for Dark Helmet!" -NT - (n3jja) - (2)
                             *snigger* -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 "What are those things coming out of her nose?" -NT - (n3jja)
                 Snape is the most interesting - (ChrisR)
         I hope it's been properly sub-edited - (pwhysall) - (3)
             How can you say such a thing! (new thread) - (Another Scott)
             too. many. words. ___ heard that before - - (Ashton)
             Im waiting for the classic comics version -NT - (boxley)
         The Muggles are at the Barnes and Noble. - (imqwerky) - (11)
             That's what kids are for; use as alibis for stuff like this. -NT - (CRConrad) - (10)
                 Ar Ar Ar! - (imqwerky) - (9)
                     I started reading it yesterday- inconsequential spoilers - (bionerd) - (8)
                         Does it have too many words, or not? -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                             It's a little verbose- but I like her style of writing - (bionerd) - (6)
                                 Thanks. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 My daughter and I finished it last night. - (ChrisR) - (4)
                                     Re: My daughter and I finished it last night. - (bionerd) - (1)
                                         SPOILER supposition... - (admin)
                                     For the Critter Fam- Major spoilers and analysis - (bionerd) - (1)
                                         I'm glad... - (imqwerky)

Somebody call Cirque du Soleil, because I am about to flip my shit!
127 ms