IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The main thing to remember is moderation.
I developed some RSI symptoms with my mouse hand after doing some intensive data summary work (putting data in static web pages, etc.) for a few days straight. It took several months for everything to feel normal again, even with using a splint, resting occasionally, replacing the mouse with a trackball and using a gel pad, etc. And the pain will still come back if I over do it. Once that nerve is irritated, it takes a long time for it to settle down again.

Nick Petreley once claimed that his four-button mouse caused him to have carpal tunnel (especially using the thumb button as double-click). It never had that effect on me. Everyone is different.

The main thing is to do is figure out what caused the pain to appear in the first place. If it's your posture, then correct it. If it's doing the same mouse motions over and over again, then take breaks and try a different mouse or trackball and try to change your habits. Once it's irritated, it's important to minimize further aggravation - meaning if it hurts, don't do that.

Don't take what you read as gospel. The human body isn't a Chinese block puzzle that only goes together one way. Experiment and see what's most comfortable for you.

The most important things to remember are: 1) Do things in moderation; 2) You're not 16 years old any more. It takes longer to heal up than it used to; 3) Nobody knows your body as well as you do - if it hurts, don't do it no matter what some book says.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: The main thing to remember is moderation.
Nick Petreley once claimed that his four-button mouse caused him to have carpal tunnel (especially using the thumb button as double-click). It never had that effect on me. Everyone is different.

I have a two-button wheel optical mouse, but I don't use the wheel much. Duh. Guess I should start. I've also been switching from mouse-work to page down to read groups sometimes, so maybe that will help.

The main thing is to do is figure out what caused the pain to appear in the first place. If it's your posture, then correct it. If it's doing the same mouse motions over and over again, then take breaks and try a different mouse or trackball and try to change your habits. Once it's irritated, it's important to minimize further aggravation - meaning if it hurts, don't do that.

It's not the mouse hand/arm/wrist, not really. The mouse hand/arm wrist has a tiny bit of tingling in it sometimes, but the main culprit arm is the left one that sits around doing nothing and was resting on the arm of the chair. Now I'm trying to rest it in my lap.

Don't take what you read as gospel. The human body isn't a Chinese block puzzle that only goes together one way. Experiment and see what's most comfortable for you.

I won't, don't worry. I already pulled up that list of books you linked me to on Wikipedia, and I have them ready to search for at the library or Barnes and Noble.

The most important things to remember are: 1) Do things in moderation; 2) You're not 16 years old any more. It takes longer to heal up than it used to; 3) Nobody knows your body as well as you do - if it hurts, don't do it no matter what some book says.

Is tingling included in hurting? this has been going on for about 4 months, if I remember correctly. I wish I had had a clue when it first started what it was, but I was so stressed over the fleas, I added it in to the stress tension stuff.

Thanks for the advice, and especially the links! I should be playing in print shop right now, fixing the graphic we have to finish today for the reunion, but honestly this has me worried enough to post about it some today.

Brenda

"I see little yellow butterflies fluttering round my head and hear little happy bluebirds singing overhead....all will be just fine!"
New I remember moderation. Vaguely.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Me too!
But I'd probably remember it better after the reunion is over!

Brenda

"I see little yellow butterflies fluttering round my head and hear little happy bluebirds singing overhead....all will be just fine!"
New As my ol' pappy once said . . .
All things in moderation. Including moderation.
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken

Support our troops, Impeach Bush.
D. D. Richards
New I'll drink to that.
     Repetitive Stress Injury (Ulnar Nerve Disorder) - (Nightowl) - (10)
         Synopsis - (imqwerky) - (1)
             Re: Synopsis -- questions - (Nightowl)
         Start with the Wikipedia - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Thanks, Scott! - (Nightowl) - (6)
                 The main thing to remember is moderation. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Re: The main thing to remember is moderation. - (Nightowl)
                     I remember moderation. Vaguely. -NT - (imric) - (1)
                         Me too! - (Nightowl)
                     As my ol' pappy once said . . . - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         I'll drink to that. -NT - (Another Scott)

Sweet baby Jesus on a skateboard, that's all that matters.
42 ms