IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Synopsis
Brenda
here is a synopsis of what to do/not do to help you out:

To do: (this therapy should be followed for 6 to 12 weeks)

1) take 2 advil each day with food to relieve inflammation

2) take 50mg vitamin B6 three times a day to help repair the nerve

3) splint the arm in a 70 degree flexion for maximum effect each night while sleeping

4) rest does mean rest...however, that does not mean you cannot use your arm. It just means be aware of your body and if it hurts, stop.

Not to do:

1) avoid positioning the arm in such a way that will pinch the ulnar nerve...this includes resting the arm on the arm of a chair___and___leaning on the elbow on a desk! (something that was mentioned that gave me an "aha".)

2) avoid using vibrating tools....(no dirty jokes from the guys now!!!)
that just means someone else gets to do the vacuuming!!! That is probably one of the worst-designed appliances ever! But I digress.

FWIW. If you follow this therapy and there is no improvement, then hie thee to an orthopaedic surgeon for a consultation.

Peace,
Dr. Amy

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting 'Holy shit, what a ride!'".

New Re: Synopsis -- questions
1) take 2 advil each day with food to relieve inflammation

Hmmm not sure if I can do that, because I tend to have to take a lot of other headache medicine... how would that combine with say, having to take Aleve for headache, or Imitrex? (Guess this is a question for my doctor, huh?)

2) take 50mg vitamin B6 three times a day to help repair the nerve

I'll look into that, maybe I can get that at the local drugstore.

3) splint the arm in a 70 degree flexion for maximum effect each night while sleeping

Where would I get a splint? This is one of the only problems I see accomplishing, because I sleep all curled up into a little Owl-ball. I already did some serious sleep changing though, because I used to have a larger critter to sleep with and now I have a smaller one. The larger one was big enough that I would tuck my left arm around him and then lay my head on him, which probably put pressure on my arm. The smaller one isn't capable of being laid on, which I hope, helps. Can I buy a splint somewhere, or could I make one out of an ace bandage? And I have no clue what a 70 degree angle would be.

4) rest does mean rest...however, that does not mean you cannot use your arm. It just means be aware of your body and if it hurts, stop.

Okay, but what if it just has a tingling sensation? Sometimes the tips of my fingers tingle all day, and I can't do NOTHING all day.

Not to do:

1) avoid positioning the arm in such a way that will pinch the ulnar nerve...this includes resting the arm on the arm of a chair___and___leaning on the elbow on a desk! (something that was mentioned that gave me an "aha".)

Already pulled my mouse pad with gel-wrist rest. I temporarily pulled out an old one with a removable wrist rest. Maybe I can pick up another better mouse pad.

2) avoid using vibrating tools....(no dirty jokes from the guys now!!!)

GREAT. Just when I promised John I'd vacuum the family room/kitchen and hall today. Could I use the vacuum for a limited time and take breaks or something? I mostly use the right hand/arm with the vacuum, not the left.

that just means someone else gets to do the vacuuming!!! That is probably one of the worst-designed appliances ever! But I digress.

John can't vacuum like this, this is "post-flea vacuuming. Only Owls know how to do that in this house.

FWIW. If you follow this therapy and there is no improvement, then hie thee to an orthopaedic surgeon for a consultation.

I still plan to see my doctor, but I was trying to wait till after the reunion. Do you think I should try and get in next week instead?

Brenda

"I see little yellow butterflies fluttering round my head and hear little happy bluebirds singing overhead....all will be just fine!"
     Repetitive Stress Injury (Ulnar Nerve Disorder) - (Nightowl) - (10)
         Synopsis - (imqwerky) - (1)
             Re: Synopsis -- questions - (Nightowl)
         Start with the Wikipedia - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Thanks, Scott! - (Nightowl) - (6)
                 The main thing to remember is moderation. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Re: The main thing to remember is moderation. - (Nightowl)
                     I remember moderation. Vaguely. -NT - (imric) - (1)
                         Me too! - (Nightowl)
                     As my ol' pappy once said . . . - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         I'll drink to that. -NT - (Another Scott)

No. Only those you need.
69 ms