Hell: I *know* it is. Even at IWE, and over the years - too many times has this er M$-bonus of infinitely expandable maintenance been umm - 'presented' as a boon, without any indication that there is a duty to disclose - that which you have suffered to know.

So while the blame game certainly includes the duplicitous, the forgetful among your cohorts - You actually explained your rationale and STILL: they would not hear.

(I indeed wonder what % of consultants et al - ever even mentioned such subjects? We'll never get many to fess up.)

I don't see though, finally - how we could separate out the pig-ignorance of the buyer (even after sufficient experience to have grasped a few concepts like 'lock-in'? yada yada) AND the hand-in-hand encouragement of the complicitous and duplicitous shills.

I takes a Whole Village to produce an ethically fucked-up society. Like This one. And good 'ol IW-Bob L. was prolly one of the not-quite so predatory ones: yet *HE* didn't even get the poverty of the McDonalds scenario! let alone some finer ethical (duties?)

Ugh.

Ashton
I.T. appears to mirror exactly - the general miasma. Fuck the 'science' idea / ploy! it's all about 'degrees':

BS, M$, and Piled Higher and deeper. Billy eats lunch of merely Another predatory Corp. Whom do ya cheer for?

(Oh I Know: Excellence !)