IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Then you're in denial.
And there's no point in saying much more.

So you can say "We're all guilty", but you're not speaking for me.

If you sold it, installed it, then YES, you're as guilty as I. Hell, probably MORE, because I've fought it and refused to run it in most of my jobs. Was ordered to in a couple of them, which is why I'm not there, anymore.

But yes, I had a hand in it. SO DID YOU.

Being holier-than-thou might make you feel better, but the facts ain't there.

Sorry.

I sold maybe 10, 15 systems that I installed Windows. So I'm partially responsible (This was Win95 OSR2, past when there was really a choice).

I've administered Windows systems. I've helped people with their problems, rather than insist they change. So I'm culpable... *too*.

Addison
New Lighten up: you sincerely tried. So did Andy. No 'blame'
except by the Puritans - who can blame 24/7. You ain't one o'Them are ya?

Unless you believe that some idealized Individualist would stand on the necks of giants while loading OS/2 with your free hand.. as the guards are coming to eject you from the building (?)

Hey.. I know of damn *few* like my author friend - who bloody well informed his publisher - they um Like his work(s) -

I intend to stay with this version of Word on DOS; see no use whatsoever for any other features or tailfins - I write. I don't play with toys for their own sake.

(that's an approximation from memory). He stayed. They accommodate. But very few can get their way, unless they have the moxie and the talent. And will not be pressured for stupid reasons. Colin is Welsh - that may help ;-)

Sorry Addison - the sheep who welcome shearing, always have to shiver til the wool grows back into their eyes. And, it will. XPalidocious anyone? NETPassportHailMary-Storm anyone?

A.
     MS chases Windows licence fee from kids charity - (brettj) - (34)
         They should. - (addison) - (32)
             How often do we have to pay for Windows? - (brettj) - (31)
                 Whether called 'license' sale or lease, - (Ashton)
                 The answer is "Yes". - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
                     MICROSOFT HAS A MONOPOLY - (imric) - (27)
                         OEM's who installed alternatives . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (16)
                             Come on, tell us what you *really* think...... ;) -NT - (tjsinclair) - (3)
                                 What I really think . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     *evil grin* -NT - (imric)
                                     That flyer must make for some good stories. - (static)
                             And of course - (imric)
                             There's a lot of blame to go around. - (addison)
                             Blather what you wish - (wharris2) - (9)
                                 Poor baby - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                     While we're casting blame about here... - (addison) - (7)
                                         Yup, we were giving the USERS what they asked for. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                             "Poor baby". - (addison) - (5)
                                                 It is all our faults - (orion)
                                                 You can spread the blame any way you like . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                     I suspect that your ethical performance is unusual. - (Ashton)
                                                     Then you're in denial. - (addison) - (1)
                                                         Lighten up: you sincerely tried. So did Andy. No 'blame' - (Ashton)
                         Minor correction, not all IBM's fault. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                             Not Digital Research's only mistake. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                 Full agreement. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                                     It was the Lattice C compiler. And they live! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         Weren't they the ones who did the C compiler for the Amiga? -NT - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                                             Yes, indeed. - (a6l6e6x)
                                     A big problem was Kildahl - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                         Good points. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                         excellent viewpoint - (boxley)
                                         The Amiga and Linux - (orion)
                     Well said, as usual, Andrew. -NT - (tjsinclair)
         Let's hope they hit some widows, geriatrics next- preferably - (Ashton)

WORA
82 ms