IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, I saw the tape
I find it amusing how, when I agree with you, you can be complimentary about how I think about things. But when I disagree you can't believe what an idiot I'm being.

Random clue time: I didn't change between those two scenarios. The thought process that I use when you agree with me matches the one that I use when you disagree.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Does that process work with false data?
ie Why Yes, you are nothing if not consistent. One might even interpolate among the sequential steps (?)

Now, about that personal experiment with a series of pulsed Tazer shocks:
Probability is, it won't kill you. Right? Your guesstimate suggested too, that it wasn't likely.. All That Bad - - from what you know. Right?

So then, somewhere between that foolish consistency/hobgoblin of small minds, etc. and The Scientific Method -- why not refine/reconfirm your 'knowledge'?

I said - I'll pay the rental. But not for the resuscitation, you understand?
BTW: Last guesstimates I saw, maybe early '80s re actual current across the heart itself, deemed that the lethal threshold, was in the tens of microamperes with a Gaussian maybe up to a milliampere - for the hardiest of souls..

Dunno what 2005 accumulated experience suggests. And, of course - the resistance paths / volume resistivity vary greatly among people: at skin surface; vary quite less once you're inside there with all the nice ions ready to conduct electrons.

(Will pay extra for the video. ;-)
New Obviously so
My mind works with the information that it has. I do the best I can, but at some point I'm GIGO, just like any other form of processing.

About your joke suggestion, I don't think so. While I'm very confident that I would survive, I'm also confident that it would hurt, and I don't particularly like pain. However it is safe enough that a standard part of taser training is to shock the trainee. So while I have no inclination to take part in your experiment, many thousands of police officers have - probably including the two in the video.

And that concludes this thread for me. My position is clear, and you seem unlikely to ever be convinced that it is reasonable. Furthermore you don't even seem to be trying to change my mind.

So I'll let you produce your next round of complaining about my narrowness of thinking and foolish consistency, then this conversation will drop.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New OK, who taking bets?
I say with enough effort, we can force Ben to respond.

NO COLLUSION WITH BEN ALLOWED!
New I decline response
..since it's apparent that you would say Anything in order -somehow- to elicit reply.

:-\ufffd
     Tase the excitement! - (rcareaga) - (48)
         alwys wondered where those anal sex sndtracks were recorded - (boxley) - (24)
             She was on her *cell phone*. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 The LRPD eerily knows all - (rcareaga)
             Does *anything* else ever pop into your 1s-complement axons? - (Ashton) - (18)
                 When a man points a gun at you... - (pwhysall) - (12)
                     Agreed - (Ashton) - (11)
                         Naah; he may have been a pig - the wanker, though, was she. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Logical. What's 'oink' in Finnish? - (Ashton)
                         I should take this opportunity to clarify... - (rcareaga)
                         I think you might react or believe differently.. - (bepatient) - (7)
                             Why of course you feel no sorrow for her - (Ashton) - (6)
                                 Oh, alright - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     nothing to see here.. -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
                                 Just another "Law and Order" fan. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     If I watched TV - (bepatient)
                                     yup, Reno 911 best cop show evah! -NT - (boxley)
                 but the police have been sold - (imric)
                 both sides are totally fscked - (boxley) - (3)
                     Apparently they were doing as they were trained. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Did you notice that the officers - (bionerd) - (1)
                             Hopeful sign, that. But - (Ashton)
             Oooo- Greg would like that........... -NT - (bionerd) - (2)
                 Just you talking about it makes me... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Geez, get a room! -NT - (inthane-chan)
         I fail to see the entertainment - (ben_tilly) - (20)
             So then.. 'idiots' deserve no compassion, ever. From cops - (Ashton) - (16)
                 I suspect that you filtered my statement poorly - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                     take two tazer hits and post me in the morning - (boxley) - (2)
                         Back to your collection of pictures of anal sphincters. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                             does your collection of sphincters have non anal models? -NT - (boxley)
                     Holy transcendental equations, Batman. - (Ashton) - (11)
                         Who don't know &&&& about &&&& - (bepatient) - (5)
                             I think it's brutality - (imric) - (2)
                                 Unfortunately not really my point - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Like I said - "don't tease the security dogs" - (imric)
                             I have to wonder - (tuberculosis)
                             I'm with Ben & BeeP on this one. - (n3jja)
                         Yes, I saw the tape - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             Does that process work with false data? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Obviously so - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     OK, who taking bets? - (broomberg)
                                     I decline response -NT - (Ashton)
             Linky. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 That link is supposed to prove..what? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Actually - post tase you are going to have a lot of trouble - (tuberculosis)
         more careful look, yup - (boxley)
         Finally watched it - (drewk)

This must be true. They made a bumper sticker.
68 ms