IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I didn't find it bouncing to different desktops
when using the commercial window manager to which I sent you the link. I had safari windows open on each of two desktops and it cmd-` didn't result in a switch.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New I was using the other desktop manager.
I'll try the commercial one next.
New Happens on X terms but not browser windows
Arrgg!!!
New So use regular terms
you've found that exporting DISPLAY in the environment lets you use other terminal programs.

This shows you how to set up globally available environment variables:
[link|http://www.astro.washington.edu/owen/AquaEnvVar.html|http://www.astro.was...n/AquaEnvVar.html]

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
     Multiwindow /multidesktop movement - (broomberg) - (49)
         I can't help, but... - (pwhysall) - (15)
             So you agree this interface sucks -NT - (broomberg) - (14)
                 It seems to suck for you - (pwhysall) - (11)
                     Agreed - (broomberg) - (10)
                         Expose does it for me - (SpiceWare)
                         Multiple desktops... - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             How many programs do you keep open, on how large a screen? -NT - (broomberg) - (7)
                                 Sometimes - (folkert) - (2)
                                     WTF? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                         I only give a crap about one fire at a time - (boxley)
                                 Quite a few, really. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     30 goddamn windows - (broomberg) - (2)
                                         No, it's not insane. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             No -NT - (broomberg)
                 I agree your attitude sucks - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
         Re: Multiwindow /multidesktop movement - (tjsinclair) - (21)
             Expose assumes many windows on a single screen - (broomberg) - (20)
                 No, I think you expect it to be something its not - (bepatient) - (19)
                     I'll never be a "typical" Mac user - (broomberg) - (18)
                         Hmmmm - (tuberculosis) - (17)
                             Do you use it? - (broomberg) - (11)
                                 No, I don't use multiple desktops - I don't think that way - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                                     Thanks - (broomberg) - (8)
                                         Tried ctrl-F4 yet? - (admin) - (7)
                                             Re: Tried ctrl-F4 yet? - (broomberg) - (6)
                                                 ctrl-F4, or Apple-F4? -NT - (admin)
                                                 I didn't find it bouncing to different desktops - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                     I was using the other desktop manager. - (broomberg)
                                                     Happens on X terms but not browser windows - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                         So use regular terms - (tuberculosis)
                                                 ctrl-F4 on mine cycles windows. - (admin)
                                     Why do you call "Apple-Key" Control? - (broomberg)
                             I gotta go play with that. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             That looks slick - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                 Seems to work fine on Tiger - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                     actually it's "as soon as possible after 4/29" - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                         OK, current version works now though - (tuberculosis)
         Have you looked at Virtue and/or Quicksilver? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Virtue doesn't do anything better - (broomberg) - (1)
                 I'm not seeing that (the flakiness) - (pwhysall)
         Re: Multiwindow /multidesktop movement - (pwhysall) - (7)
             Thanks - (broomberg)
             We *know* he's a desktop weirdo - (admin)
             Witch install directions don't mesh with 10.4 - (broomberg) - (1)
                 Bummer. I like Witch. - (pwhysall)
             This is an illuminating discussion. - (static) - (2)
                 I'm experimenting with MSVDM - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     I'm using DeskWin - (static)

(to borrow Ashton's excellent phrase)
74 ms