IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The S80 is a "status car" to her...
Volvos are status cars here. In your part of Europe, they are probably about as common as a Ford or Chevy.
New Well, I wasn't going to say she'd be wrong on *that*.
It's just that those are orthogonal dimensions to me; status- vs non-status-hood is one thing, fambly- vs non-fambly-ship another. Like, you gets your non-status fambly cars (Subaru wagon), your status fambly cars (Mercedes), your status non-fambly cars (Porsche), and your non-status non-fambly cars (Huyndai SCoupe)... Volvos have become "status" here too, nowadays -- just by dubious virtue of being so damn expensive. :-(

Oh, but you're still half right: Ford makes cars under that name in Europe, and they're cheaper than Volvos (which is Ford-owned nowadays, BTW), so Fords are actually more common than Volvos here in .fi... But European-built GM cars are called Opel (or Vauxhall when the steering wheel is on the wrong side, or SAAB when they're a bit more expensive), not Chevy, so Volvos are still a heckofalot more common than Chevys.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New You also see Volvo models in Europe not seen here.
Or at least did the last time I was in Sweden.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New For the wife fambly <> status
A family car gets trashed on a regular basis. A "status" car is always ready to drive another customer, detailed weekly.

The two are direct opposites. Of course, I was advising her today (on the CR-V) that it would look like the minivan in 3 months (which is completely trashed), if we don't do some major habit-surgery on the kids.

I think I'm taking Peter's advice. The kids are 9,8,4, so they can wait.

Nothing but water bottles, and even those must have lids. No gum, no candy, no food. Slurpees are definitely out, even with the summer heat coming in another month.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin May 8, 2005, 10:25:40 PM EDT
     Still Car Shopping - Freestyle, Volvo, 500, CR-V - (gdaustin) - (23)
         s/a year or two/evar and evar/ - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Uh. Yeah. Tell that to the toddler. - (admin) - (1)
                 I reiterate my "pickup" suggestion. - (pwhysall)
         have you looked at the magnum? - (boxley)
         Why get a 500 when you can get the original? - (Another Scott)
         For comfort, versatility and reliability - (jbrabeck)
         Tell her she's wrong; WTF IS the S80, if not a fambly car?!? -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
             The S80 is a "status car" to her... - (gdaustin) - (3)
                 Well, I wasn't going to say she'd be wrong on *that*. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     You also see Volvo models in Europe not seen here. - (a6l6e6x)
                     For the wife fambly <> status - (gdaustin)
         Took the Honda CR-V Home - (gdaustin) - (11)
             Sounds nice. Luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
             I wasn't quick enough. - (static) - (1)
                 It's been Nissan here since '83 or so. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Careful on the financials - (drewk) - (7)
                 Re: Careful on the financials - (Ashton) - (6)
                     "Dealer Holdback". - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         Honda CR-V Back at the Dealer - (gdaustin) - (4)
                             Ya done good. - (Another Scott)
                             You should buy the thing over the phone - (tuberculosis)
                             when talking money with a car dealer - (boxley)
                             Freestyle - (gdaustin)

On trumpet: Peter O'Toole!
206 ms