IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I used to go to Amsterdam every chance I got
when I was stationed in Germany... I love your analogy, EXCEPT who would ever want to go to France?

:-0

Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Re: I used to go to Amsterdam every chance I got
OT, except re danno's already OT: Amsterdam struck me as a poor advertisement for social libertarianism (and I'm a big fan of this stateside), but on the basis of, I admit, just a few visits there, who wouldn't want to go to France? No irony intended here. Danno's question sounds like "Who on earth would want chocolate ice cream?"

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Okay, so I forgot the sign...
The slippery one. I still get a big charge out of "freedom fries" and so on. And speaking of "slippery", that brings closer to the initial premise of this thread. Kidding aside, I went to Paris three times and had an excellent time on every trip. I also had the pleasure of visiting Marseille and touring the wine region. The architecture in France is magnificent and I found the people to be gracious hosts.

Amsterdam has no historical reason to be a good advertisement for social libertarianism. They have historically been progressive by European standards, but can also trace their medieval history through the Roman Catholic church. All this aside, I found Amsterdam to be a "fun" city, especially for young adults. They are permissive in areas where the US is not - namely regarding sex, drugs and rock and roll. Oh, and the Reich's museum and Ann Frank's house and on and on can give someone more than enough to do during the day...
Just a few thoughts,

Danno
New Moi, SVP

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
     Skiing down the slippery slope... doing triple axles in fact - (danreck) - (15)
         Questions - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             Answers... - (danreck)
         This has gotten me all riled up - (bionerd) - (4)
             I used to go to Amsterdam every chance I got - (danreck) - (3)
                 Re: I used to go to Amsterdam every chance I got - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Okay, so I forgot the sign... - (danreck)
                 Moi, SVP -NT - (tuberculosis)
         My $0.02. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Your $.02 is worth about a million bucks - (danreck)
             Quibbles - (ben_tilly)
         People have to be able to make up their own minds - (tuberculosis)
         You are entitled to your opinion - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             Ob: Cosby - (broomberg)
             on my last (I hope child) - (boxley)
             It's a very hard decision... - (danreck)

They're behind the couch.
95 ms