IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We are all individuals
just like everyone else.

Every group has assholes.

Yuppie scum are everywhere. You can kind of guess platforms by looking at people huh. I could spot a Windows freak a mile away too.

I do get your point though.

Still, there's the persecution thing. I used to work on a VAX doing F77 electrical powerflow simulation utilities. The director of IT spec'd DOS machines with VT100 emulators for clients - refused to acknowledge the new Windows 3.1 (said it was a plot by the memory makers to sell RAM).

Anyhow, I borrowed a Mac from a training room and built a suite of software analysis tools using HyperCard. Code browsers, debugger script generators, and such. I was able to automatically generate links to definitions and could load up a fairly large chunk of source code and click around it to learn it really fast. I had the highest productivity of the department working on a lot of different programs because my homegrown tools were so useful.

Still, the IT director caught wind that I was doing it with a Mac and (fearing an uprising and demand for adequate resources for all I'll guess) had the helpdesk people come down and confiscate it. Said I should be able to be just as productive with a VT100 terminal emulator to the VAX.

Moron. I resigned a week later.
New The changing times.
I bring my iBook to work sometimes, primarily to use it as a somewhat over-sized MP3 player. (as my Rio is having angst :-( ,but that's another story).

Anyway, instead of 'Er! a Mac, what the hell's that doing here?', the reaction is usually 'Gosh, it's actually kinda cool. Hey, can you minimise that window again?'
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New ..Living in our own private Idaho. (Omniscient LRPD sez) :-\ufffd
     Handle or real name? - (orion) - (28)
         I have had no problems - (ben_tilly)
         Re: Handle or real name? - (Yendor)
         Re: Handle or real name? - (wharris2)
         Re: Handle or real name? - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Dangerously sexy netbabes - (kmself) - (2)
                 The only thing I get from them - (orion) - (1)
                     This is not true - (kmself)
         Depends on the arena. - (ChrisR) - (11)
             Why they could be after me - (orion) - (10)
                 What, are they actually still after you? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     Not here at least - (orion)
                 MacJihad is way over - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                     Nonconformists? - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         Sort of like those guys left on islands in WWII - (orion) - (2)
                             So then.. have you suffered remorse for your - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 yes I have and then some - (orion)
                         We are all individuals - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                             The changing times. - (Meerkat)
                             ..Living in our own private Idaho. (Omniscient LRPD sez) :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: Handle or real name? - (Steve Lowe)
         Both. :-) - (inthane-chan)
         You pick - (tuberculosis)
         Always, always, use your real name :-) - (screamer) - (1)
             But.. but, Dan - (Ashton)
         if your wife says change, change - (boxley)
         Yes. You should use one of them. -NT - (Silverlock) - (2)
             I absolutely agree - (kmself) - (1)
                 Simpler. - (Ashton)

An easy subject, at which very few excel!
59 ms