IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Data point
I work with some reasonably savvy people, and the first we hear of about:config was when news of how to up the number of active http connections made the rounds 6-8 weeks ago.

What we all did know about is the Tools > Options... dialog, which provides simple access to a reasonable subset of configuration options (and looks enough like what people are used to from IE that it doesn't scare newcomers that way about:config does).

Splitting things up in that way--hard stuff obscured, and common stuff within access with a friendly wrapper around it--seems quite sensible.

New !
You would have heard about it a looong time ago if you hung around here more...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     KDE Usability testing - (ubernostrum) - (26)
         Interesting, but... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Er. WTF /is/ that thing? -NT - (pwhysall)
         The most common complaint - (imric) - (23)
             From their recommendations: - (ubernostrum) - (22)
                 Horsecrap. - (imric) - (21)
                     Shouting doesn't make you right. - (pwhysall) - (20)
                         Yes, but I would still like to be able to... - (folkert) - (2)
                             Wotsthediff... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 No... there are - (folkert)
                         Exsqueeze me? Yeah, I am right. - (imric) - (15)
                             Re: Exsqueeze me? Yeah, I am right. - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                 I am right. - (imric) - (12)
                                     This reminds me of an old truism - (ben_tilly)
                                     I have a question. - (ubernostrum) - (10)
                                         I have a question, too - (imric) - (9)
                                             Um. - (ubernostrum) - (8)
                                                 heheh. OK - never used it until firefox. - (imric) - (5)
                                                     But it does. - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                                                         What configuration options did they strip out? -NT - (imric) - (3)
                                                             Who are you talking about? - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                                                 You. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                     I know some of the cookie settings went away. - (ubernostrum)
                                                 Data point - (dws) - (1)
                                                     ! - (ben_tilly)
                             To play off an old joke... - (ubernostrum)
                         point on one of your points - (boxley)

Note: this is not exactly the safest place for your hand.
56 ms