IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Which desperate housewife are you likely to be married to?
Or you can take it as a female and find out which desparate housewife you are:

[link|http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/quiz/index.html|Desperate Quiz]

I'm most likely to be married to Lynette and my wife typed out as Lynette, so we are a perfect match, but we already knew that.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin March 10, 2005, 11:35:45 PM EST
New Ooo, oooo- Pick Susan!!
It's like, "How much more black could this be?", and the answer is none. None more black.
New I got Susan. Is that good? I already do the cooking...
I've never seen the show either.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Huh, me too and I also do the cooking
yet there weren't any specific cooking questions. weird

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:18:06 AM EDT
New I'm a Susan.
Big heart, but tends to fall down a lot.
It's like, "How much more black could this be?", and the answer is none. None more black.
New Ok.
Here's your picture then. ;-)

[image|http://a.abc.com/primetime/desperate/images/bios/bio_hatcher.jpg|0|Teri Hatcher|124|110]

You can put in in your Preferences as your avatar picture if you'd like by entering the url as:

[link|http://a.abc.com/primetime/desperate/images/bios/bio_hatcher.jpg|http://a.abc.com/pri...s/bio_hatcher.jpg]

(Use the full link, not the ... shortened version that you see.)

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hey, thanks for that.
Will be happy to be represented by Terri Hatcher, since I am so technically challenged that I still cant post my own pic.

P.S. See the avatar- Huh? huh? I DID IT!
You know, it really is the little things that keep us going.
Expand Edited by bionerd March 12, 2005, 11:18:20 AM EST
New AAAHH!! snoutwoman! :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New And you don't cook?

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:27:53 AM EDT
New She's a Lazy Susan
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New HA!
Not lazy- just lacking in skills.
New Not really
I cook 'cuz I have to feed my kids. Period.
New There's more to it than that
If feeding your kids was your only goal, then you'd let McDonalds do the cooking. You don't, so you must have an additional desire beyond just seeing them eat. (Say, a desire for healthy food...)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New I think there is a difference between feeding and stuffing
feeding implies nourishment in my mind.

Stuffing is what you get at McD's. Too much of that and the kids look overstuffed.

Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:30:14 AM EDT
New Edie
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New same here
New Edie's a slut
And she's mean. You dont want her.
New Cool! I like that.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New You say that like it's bad?
New And your point would be....? ;-)
New Me too
New edie, but the questions made no sense
who do you admire
trump
schwartzer
matt laurie(r?) whoever the hell he is
and some other mooks I didnt recognise the names

now a better list
Willie Nelson
Michael Collins
50 Cent
Crazy Horse
thanx,
bill

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 48 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Crazy Horse. No contest, there.
New Never seen it
So all I know of their choice is what they say next to her. But I took the test four times -- it has much more than 15 questions, so you can get a different set of questions each time -- and got three different answers.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Lynette - but I've never seen the show and don't know what..
that really says about me.

Cheers,
Ben

PS I was ticked off that the fatherhood question didn't have any answers where dad is actually INVOLVED with the kids. :-(
New Oh well, pretty soon you'll notice
that there are precious few happy married parents in kids' "literature/entertainment".

[link|http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2002/0201fea1.asp|http://www.catholic....2002/0201fea1.asp]

There have always been plenty of Disney movies in which parents were absent or deceased (as in Snow White and The Jungle Book), fathers were overbearing or unreasonable (Peter Pan, Mary Poppins), or mother figures were cruel (Cinderella, Snow White). However, positive portrayals of active parents were far more common in older Disney films than in Disney nouveau. The nurturing mothers in Bambi and Dumbo (where was Jumbo though? -tb), the loving parental couples like Jim Dear and Darling in Lady and the Tramp, and Pongo and Perdita of One Hundred and One Dalmatians find no counterparts in recent Disney animated films. Instead, virtually all modern Disney parents fit into one or more of the following negative stereotypes.

Feeble, ridiculous fathers. Found exclusively in post-Mermaid features, Disney\ufffds feeble fathers tend to be doddering, diminutive, childlike, comical, corpulent, and completely clueless. Certainly they are unable to provide their offspring with meaningful support against the villain\ufffdin fact, often they trust the villain implicitly. Belle\ufffds dotty inventor father (Beauty and the Beast) exemplifies this stereotype, as do Jasmine\ufffds dopey royal sire (Aladdin) and Jane\ufffds dippy naturalist-explorer father (Tarzan). A related stereotype\ufffdfathers who are feeble but not ridiculous\ufffdis embodied by the aged, crippled father of Mulan and, in Atlantis, Princess Kida\ufffds elderly father.

Domineering fathers. Disney\ufffds domineering dads are generally strong and capable\ufffdbut also imperious, impatient, and impossible to please. Failing to understand their offspring, they have "unreasonable" expectations that interfere with their children\ufffds self-actualization. Eventually, these fathers must learn to accept their children for who they are and repent of their overbearing ways. As mentioned earlier, this sort of father was not unknown in older Disney; but no Disney feature before The Little Mermaid laid such emphasis as that film did on the child\ufffds feelings of frustration and resentment over not being understood. Mermaid\ufffds King Triton is the exemplar of this stereotype, which also applies to Chief Powhatan (who imperiously expects Pocahontas to marry Kokoum) and Kerchak, Tarzan\ufffds surrogate ape-father.

Absent fathers. Post-renaissance Disney fathers are less likely to be absentee dads than their pre-Mermaid counterparts, though they\ufffdre such poor parents that that\ufffds hardly a plus. Still, absent fathers in the recent films are not hard to find. Aladdin, Quasimodo, and Tarzan have all lost their fathers. Hercules is separated from Zeus (and of course Hera) from infancy to adulthood. And Simba\ufffds father Mufasa (The Lion King)\ufffdotherwise the recent era\ufffds only really positive, active father-figure\ufffddies while Simba is still a young cub.

Absent mothers. The single most overwhelming feature of parenthood in Disney nouveau is the almost total absence of the mothers. They are absent in far greater numbers than either renaissance fathers or mothers of the pre-Mermaid era. In fact, with only a single exception (Mulan), every single relevant major character in Disney\ufffds recent major releases either loses his or her mother in infancy, or is permanently separated from her during or before childhood, or simply has no onscreen mother at all.

It\ufffds the heroines who are being raised by single fathers with no sign of a mother. The heroine\ufffds motherlessness serves to accentuate her own feminine virtues and independence, since her father is invariably either domineering, feeble, or ridiculous, and there is no "competing" feminine figure to suggest that the heroine needs any support or guidance.

With the male leads, by contrast, a balancing female presence is almost always presented. Simba and Hercules, though separated from their mothers in childhood, are reunited with them in adulthood; Tarzan and Hercules each get surrogate mothers. The only unambiguously involved and positive parent-figure of either sex in the entire Disney renaissance is Tarzan\ufffds surrogate mother, Kala\ufffdand she\ufffds not human.

Benevolent but irrelevant mothers. The mothers of Simba and Mulan don\ufffdt stand out in their respective films. Unlike their husbands, the mothers aren\ufffdt even plot points. Much the same could be said for an irrelevant foster-mother, Alcmene (Hercules. In contrast to pre-Mermaid mothers who took an active role in helping their children deal with adversity\ufffdMrs. Jumbo, Bambi\ufffds mother, Perdita in Dalmatians Duchess in The Aristocats\ufffdthese modern moms are passive. For example, even with Mufasa dead, Simba gone, and her evil brother-in-law Scar tyrannizing the kingdom, Sarabi can only wait around for her son to grow up and return to set things right.
-------
At least the Incredibles featured an intact nuclear family with both parents working at being engaged.

Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:16:01 AM EDT
New Ugh
New So much for ____ in loco parentis Corporatu$ __ Go --> USA!
New Ya better hold on hard to that woman, Glen...
...'coz that site claimed I would want her! ;-)

(Haven't got the faintest whether I've already got a "Lynnette", though.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New None. I'm an IWETHEY lardie.
I think I've seen maybe 12 minutes of the show. Tops. I don't even know what night it is on.

As far as the test went, Susan.
-----------------------------------------
"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for. As for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
-- H. L. Mencken
New That's 12 minutes more than me. I know, though, which...
...which night it's on: None, it isn't shown at all here. (AFAIK.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New I'm Lynette
I don't know how I missed out on all this fun, but, hey!
Better late than never :)
Smile,
Amy
     Which desperate housewife are you likely to be married to? - (gdaustin) - (31)
         Ooo, oooo- Pick Susan!! -NT - (bionerd) - (12)
             I got Susan. Is that good? I already do the cooking... - (Another Scott)
             Huh, me too and I also do the cooking - (tuberculosis) - (10)
                 I'm a Susan. - (bionerd) - (9)
                     Ok. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Hey, thanks for that. - (bionerd)
                         AAAHH!! snoutwoman! :-) -NT - (boxley)
                     And you don't cook? -NT - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                         She's a Lazy Susan -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             HA! - (bionerd)
                         Not really - (bionerd) - (2)
                             There's more to it than that - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 I think there is a difference between feeding and stuffing - (tuberculosis)
         Edie -NT - (bepatient) - (8)
             same here -NT - (n3jja)
             Edie's a slut - (bionerd) - (3)
                 Cool! I like that. -NT - (bepatient)
                 You say that like it's bad? -NT - (broomberg)
                 And your point would be....? ;-) -NT - (n3jja)
             Me too -NT - (broomberg)
             edie, but the questions made no sense - (boxley) - (1)
                 Crazy Horse. No contest, there. -NT - (bionerd)
         Never seen it - (drewk)
         Lynette - but I've never seen the show and don't know what.. - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             Oh well, pretty soon you'll notice - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                 Ugh -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 So much for ____ in loco parentis Corporatu$ __ Go --> USA! -NT - (Ashton)
         Ya better hold on hard to that woman, Glen... - (CRConrad)
         None. I'm an IWETHEY lardie. - (Silverlock) - (1)
             That's 12 minutes more than me. I know, though, which... - (CRConrad)
         I'm Lynette - (imqwerky)

Hence these societies employ their own versions of summary judgment and Rule 11 of the aforementioned Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
195 ms