IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Attaboy!
Gosh, it isn't since DirectX 2 that I had Windoze screw my system up that badly. Commiserations.

(oh, hang on, this is the flame forum. So here's an obligatory: well how bloody stupid are ya if you can't fix it, eh? Geez!)

On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Deep sigh
I finally "fixed" it after reinstalling Winders and downloading the Riva TNT drivers and installing them.

My computer still isn't quite right (the fonts are quite different from what I had before this fucking disaster and look funny - and how in hell would installing Intellishit fuck that up? - don't answer) but I'm at least back to 1024x768 and hi color resolution.

WHAT IN HELL is a keyboard driver doing dicking around with my display? (don't answer, I don't want to know the incestuous relationships between various Microshit products.)

Oh crap now I've got to try my games.... wish me luck.... which is what the Microshit crapshoot is....
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Ob MS rant...
Well, by proxy.

My sister wants her PC to be upgraded so she can install some more software on it. She mentioned all by herself that it only crashes in the Microsoft apps, of which Publisher is the worst offender. She wasn't particularly surprised. Obviously some of the things I've been saying have gotten through to her... :-)

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Oh it gets better
Apparently, the Intellshit drivers had reset my fonts to the "large font" (125%). Whatever else that does, it crashed Everquest on me frequently.

Thank you Microsoft for resetting my system settings to something I DIDN'T FUCKING WANT YOU DUFAS DINGBAT SHITHEADS!
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New That is just bloody weird.
if (installed.os==win2k && installed.patchlevel=sp2 && installed.software == intellitype)
{
system.out("Sorry, no problems found over here... Toss me some details, and I'll see if I can find anything out.");
}
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New (wince)
When I'm feeling bold and not old, I'll try doing the installation again.

As with almost anything Winblows, it's real awful hard to find what *exactly* did the damage.
-- Donald Knuth
New And this box isn't running Linux because.....?

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Too many Windows games
I don't even have it dual booting. Not because I can't or don't have disk space or whatever but because I don't have to; I have have several other lower-powered boxen running Linux (RedHat 5.1, 6.2, Caldera OpenLinux 2.3). (Of course they are the lower-powered boxen because they don't have to be high-powered. :-)
-- Donald Knuth
New Apologies to CR
I haven't used properly profane language in my rants, although perhaps the topic title comes close.
-- Donald Knuth
New It's OK - yer stuff of late manages to be scatological
without actual swear words.

A.
     Goddamn fucking Microsoft shit-licking intellitype crap - (wharris2) - (15)
         Attaboy! - (Meerkat) - (9)
             Deep sigh - (wharris2) - (8)
                 Ob MS rant... - (static) - (5)
                     Oh it gets better - (wharris2) - (4)
                         That is just bloody weird. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                             (wince) - (wharris2) - (2)
                                 And this box isn't running Linux because.....? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Too many Windows games - (wharris2)
                 Apologies to CR - (wharris2) - (1)
                     It's OK - yer stuff of late manages to be scatological - (Ashton)
         Toss some details at me... - (inthane-chan)
         Confucius say - (pwhysall)
         OTOH.. the e-Machine driver - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: WTF is 192 MB for !? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Eventually: dual-boot :-) - (Ashton)

That game with the fifteen numbered balls is the devil's tool!
57 ms