IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New gawd, agreeing with dm?
If the US now walks away from Afghanistan, she might be able to justify such a remark but from the evidence she is so far off target she loses credibility.

The food drops would seem to demolish the brain-dead "the US has only one interest in this war" argument.

If the *only* interest we had was bashing bin Laden and the al-Qaida, we'd have carpet bombed everything in sight. We do have other interests. We are seeking (to an extreme) to avoid civilian casualties. We are supporting efforts to organize, if not a "great" according to our standards, an effective and organized government.
If this were a purely military engagement, to demolish bin Laden and al-Qaida, Kabul would no longer exist. The cities currently held by the Taliban would have been bombed into rubble.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Re: gawd, agreeing with dm?
>If the *only* interest we had was bashing bin Laden and the al-Qaida, we'd have carpet bombed everything in sight. We do have other interests. We are seeking (to an extreme) to avoid civilian casualties. We are supporting efforts to organize, if not a "great" according to our standards, an effective and organized government.
If this were a purely military engagement, to demolish bin Laden and al-Qaida, Kabul would no longer exist. The cities currently held by the Taliban would have been bombed into rubble

Is US at war with Afghanistan? Or terrorists?

OBL or Taliban? You do know that Taliban is being "invited" to be part of the new government, don't you?

Did you happen to even take into consideration how US (a sovereign nation, member of the UN) has broken internation laws and treaties by bombing Afghanistan?

If it's not OK for the terrorists to attack US homeland, what makes it OK for US to bomb Afghanis'?

Because you're going after OBL? The terrorists were also going after your leadership, it just happens that Bush took off when the bombing began, oh wait, so did OBL...

And if the US was really concerned with Afghanistan, why the NA? And still, where's the proof?

As for the food drops, I'd say token gesture at best. I could be wrong.
     The new hawks - (Silverlock) - (22)
         Re: The new hawks - (TTC) - (21)
             Bad, bad US. - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                 Re: Bad, bad US. - (TTC) - (8)
                     "forcing" - (Arkadiy) - (7)
                         Re: "forcing" - (TTC) - (6)
                             Re: "Forcing" - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                                 Re: "Forcing" - (TTC) - (4)
                                     My conclusions. - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                         Re: My conclusions. - (TTC) - (2)
                                             Outlandish. - (Arkadiy)
                                             Re: list - (Arkadiy)
             Oh dear..we actually meant what we said... - (bepatient) - (7)
                 Re: Oh dear..we actually meant what we said... - (TTC) - (6)
                     Nice change of direction there.... - (bepatient) - (5)
                         Oh, don't worry... - (Arkadiy)
                         Oil - (Arkadiy)
                         Re: Nice change of direction there.... - (TTC) - (2)
                             Proof - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                 Re: Proof - (TTC)
             Re: This bit quoted, seems quite wrong. - (dmarker2) - (2)
                 gawd, agreeing with dm? - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Re: gawd, agreeing with dm? - (TTC)

I just KNEW the Good Humor Man was behind this...
42 ms