IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Y'all have no imagination?
I personally don't think it would be at all difficult to sell a draft in the event of an important war started by someone big against a strategic interest of ours (a large-scale low-tech invasion of South Korea by North Korean and Chinese troops).

I was thinking that somewhere short of a real nightmare scenario, yet perceivably beyond just slowly running out of options in Iraq, there may be a sweet spot that could be leveraged. Uncovering an al-Qaeda/Iranian/Syrian plot to firebomb the Capitol in DC? Finding an ex-russian nuke of unknown provenance in a basement in Anacostia?

Giovanni
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
New I'd agree but...
I was also expecting them to "find" some weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They don't appear to have cheated on that, so they might not cheat on this.

Incidental note. The fact that Jeb Bush was sent on the tsunami tour suggests to me that he'll be the annointed successor to George. I won't take bets yet, but I suspect it.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New I thought they'd "find" WMDs as well
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
New Re: Jeb Bush anointment.
That was my first thought on hearing of his trip with Powell. Jeb is an expert in sitting in helicopters, surveying the damage and saying "Wow!" Got to have those photo "ops"!

The Bush dynasty in the making.
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New dont think jeb wants it, but his kid is another story
1/2 cuban, speaks both languages, lawyer. Good looking kid (as opposed to his sister) and active in politics.
regards,
daemon
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
clearwater highschool marching band [link|http://www.chstornadoband.org/|http://www.chstornadoband.org/]
New I don't think Jeb wants it either.
     Church asked about running draft alternative - (JayMehaffey) - (23)
         Wondering... - (GBert) - (22)
             politicians' kids get drafted first -NT - (SpiceWare) - (7)
                 Not even that. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     Y'all have no imagination? - (GBert) - (5)
                         I'd agree but... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             I thought they'd "find" WMDs as well -NT - (GBert)
                             Re: Jeb Bush anointment. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 dont think jeb wants it, but his kid is another story - (daemon) - (1)
                                     I don't think Jeb wants it either. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Re: Wondering... - (jb4) - (12)
                 Interesting 2 - (bepatient) - (11)
                     Welcome to Jesusland! - (jb4) - (10)
                         Oh...and - (bepatient) - (9)
                             Well, then... - (jb4) - (8)
                                 same way I explain my polls, lie like a dog - (daemon) - (4)
                                     Ya can't make that stuff up! - (jb4) - (3)
                                         sure you can, I was asked upon exiting - (daemon) - (2)
                                             Yes, and I'm sure that you told them... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 sorry, wasnt asked why, just who -NT - (daemon)
                                 Several factors... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     Sample size vs turnout.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                         if they took the poll during the day, skewed results - (daemon)
             Economic crash - (hnick)

Like when you're stuck in a traffic jam for an hour only to learn that the root cause was somebody on the roadside losing a piece of their McGriddle between their plump thighs.
105 ms