IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Greetings and Salivations!
And welcome to our Merry Bande!

As far as hints...well, you already got the one about flames and retards. A couple of other ones:

--> No cussing in the subject line...we try to maintain a PG-13 image for public consumption (Oh...you're an Aussie...prolly don't know about PG-13; PG-13 is a movie rating that states "some material not suitable for children under 13".) We have a forum specifically for when you just can't help yourself...that being the Flame Quarantine forum, which is most assuredly NC-17 ("no children under 17 years admitted").

--> Don't feed the trolls. You'll soon find out who they are. (Hint: different trolls hide under the bridges of different fora.)

--> Only Debian fans need post in the Linux forum. Other distros are tolerated (barely), and the breadth of knowledge of other distros pales against the sheer weight and force of the Debian mastery exhibited herein.

--> Windows sucks, but you already knew that......didn't you?

--> LOL...Lessee, you already heard about that....

--> If (no, when) you get into an argument about something, hold your ground. It'll prove you're a real person, and not a flake. But don't be afraid to change you position if you're confronted with overwhelming evidence to the contrary. No one here will accuse you of flip-flopping.

--> Don't post graphics that are more than 3-digits wide. It causes everyone to have to scroll left to right to read any post int he thread, and it pisses off the pig. (Note to Scott: If you could fix the wrapping so that only the post with the wide graphic, and anything by jake123, would have to be scrolled, this person would be very appreciative!)

--> Have fun! We'll see ya later!

Questions?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New ?
I'm not particularly aware of causing massive scrollage, unless it's my .sig; however, at 67 chars wide, it's certainly within the norm for usenet, let alone the web; unless you're using a ridiculously large fixed width font for the size of your display, it shouldn't cause scrolling at all.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Well actually...
...when it appears a coupla indent levels deep, it does shove the text beyond the right margin. I'm sure its the <pre> tags....

Note generally a problem, unless you respond to one of those world-famous deSitter/BeeP or mmoffitt/BeeP rampages...
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Hey Hey Hey
How'd I get in there twice?

You could have mentioned the great OO wars instead.

Besides. I don't rampage ;-)
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Common denominator? :)
Alex

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. -- Bertrand Russell
New "I don't rampage...
I use Flash instead!"

Thankyou...thankyou...I'll be here all week....Please don't forget to tip your waitresses....
jb4

New *choke*
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Just because Debian
and Debian-based distros are the favorites here, doesn't mean that 'Only Debian fans need post in the Linux forum. Other distros are tolerated (barely)', IMO. That makes the Linux forum sound harsher than it is... I can't dispute that Debian (and Debian based distros) are the favorite here, but 'tolerated (barely)'? Nah. Just don't be surprised if someone attempts to wean you from another distro to Debian.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New One of the converted
I was RH and Mandrake (laptops) exclusively. Some dude from CA came to the annual bash (coffee maker in hand) and showed me the error of my ways in about 11 minutes (the amount of time it took to upgrade his system to latest build using apt-get and my high speed wireless).

New Fair enough...
...My biggest problem with Debian (or any other 'techie' distro) is wading through the alphabet soup we're just assumed to already know...because, of course, we're techies.

I'm just TLA-impaired I guess....
jb4

New Click Ze Link In My Sig
If you want the Debian goodness without the pain, then Ubuntu Linux is for you.

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New But without the pain, how can you appreciate the goodness?
Do you take your yang without yin?

Your tired without sick?

Your ready without good?
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New No, but I take my sunrise w/ or w/o tequila...
;-\ufffd
jb4

New Re: Click Ze Link In My Sig
OK, went to [link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org/|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org/], found a link to unstable Debian, but no link to Ubuntu.

Not to worry...Google is my friend...
jb4

New Try all of the links in his .sig...
Then do a Homer impression and say, D'oh!

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Oh, I get it...
"Shill for Hire" doesn't link to his resume (or CV for you Continentals...).

D'Oh!...
jb4

Greetings! - (miranda) - (119)
         Well . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         We're mostly a collection of techo geeks - (jbrabeck)
         With a sig about a stolen accordian... - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Nah - Simpsons quote. -NT - (imric)
         Rule #1. - (pwhysall) - (22)
             ROFL. -NT - (imric)
             <grin> -NT - (slugbug)
             Yeah, I guess Barbara wore that one out pretty fast. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
             LOL - (FuManChu) - (18)
                 LOL - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                     What do you mean, "join"? - (pwhysall) - (16)
                         Success! Again! -NT - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                             s/Success/Failure/ - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                 It is so fun to watch you try to hide your annoyance -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     It's fun to watch you think that's what I'm doing :p -NT - (pwhysall)
                                 Mine's bigger. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Yeah, but... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         Woo and Yay . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                             I'm trying to put all that behind me. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     So its YOU whose messing up my screen - (jb4) - (3)
                                         Not a problem at 1920x1440. ;-j Fixored. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Thanx- - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 It's a tube. Sony G520P. Not made any more. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Getting cold in here? -NT - (imric)
                                     No need to have edited - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Now THAT would be a blow to his ego... -NT - (jb4)
         Salutations -NT - (bepatient)
         Hey. - (Another Scott)
         good morning - (daemon) - (2)
             Flames and retards... Nice... - (jb4) - (1)
                 :-) -NT - (daemon)
         welcome... - (slugbug)
         You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
             The first I thought of was . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 ObMeToo -NT - (broomberg)
             Still is, isn't he? (I'd assume...) -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 Bad assumption - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Ah. But my (approximate) recollection of his age was right. - (CRConrad)
         Re: Greetings! - (miranda) - (5)
             Pics are nice and do you know any of our other OZ's? - (daemon) - (3)
                 Wasn't me. - (static) - (2)
                     Nor me... - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         Your .sig is very appropriate at the moment - (ben_tilly)
             Hello - (broomberg)
         welcome to the looney bin - (cforde) - (1)
             Make yourself at home :) -NT - (Arkadiy)
         Re: Greetings! - (miranda) - (3)
             +3 for not calling yourself - (Ashton) - (2)
                 What, don't you think "barista" is bad enough??? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Mixologist = Carl Cox, frexample. - (pwhysall)
         How did you find the place? - (Silverlock)
         Can you tell? - (folkert)
         Greetings and Salivations! - (jb4) - (15)
             ? - (jake123) - (5)
                 Well actually... - (jb4) - (4)
                     Hey Hey Hey - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Common denominator? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         "I don't rampage... - (jb4) - (1)
                             *choke* -NT - (bepatient)
             Just because Debian - (imric) - (8)
                 One of the converted - (bepatient)
                 Fair enough... - (jb4) - (6)
                     Click Ze Link In My Sig - (pwhysall) - (5)
                         But without the pain, how can you appreciate the goodness? - (drewk) - (1)
                             No, but I take my sunrise w/ or w/o tequila... - (jb4)
                         Re: Click Ze Link In My Sig - (jb4) - (2)
                             Try all of the links in his .sig... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Oh, I get it... - (jb4)
         Re: Greetings! - (miranda) - (19)
             Have you googled "accordian", too? - (CRConrad)
             I call likely BS - (broomberg) - (17)
                 Well, I've suspected from the first . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                     Andrew! Such unabashed cynicism! - (jb4)
                     Me too Andrew, or worse. - (Nightowl) - (6)
                         You were new once. - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                             Yabut, at least she.... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                 miranda's only 1% Evil. - (Another Scott)
                             True - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                 well you posted a picture of your car early on - (daemon) - (1)
                                     Hehehee. People do that - (Nightowl)
                     Is this the... - (folkert) - (6)
                         Naah, *that* one spells it without the middle 'a'. -NT - (CRConrad)
                         How'd *that* happen? Sensitive to double-clicks, this thing. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             That or clumsy fingers... - (folkert)
                         No, that is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             LOL! -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Oh... yeah. - (folkert)
                 No. -NT - (admin)
         Re: Greetings! - (miranda) - (29)
             What "general web search"? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Random happenings do occur - (bepatient)
             Bahaha. You are funny. - (folkert) - (20)
                 NORMal until proven otherwise. -NT - (Arkadiy) - (19)
                     Ok, folks... - (inthane-chan) - (18)
                         Ditto that - (Nightowl)
                         To that end... - (folkert) - (3)
                             Paranoid much? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                 Just enough, actually - (Nightowl)
                                 yup, it dont cost any money so who cares? -NT - (daemon)
                         Does it matter? - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             Maybe not here, - (Nightowl)
                         I was getting ready to post this... - (admin) - (10)
                             I am the only shill in this village. -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                 Woo and Yay! \\me says in gratitude. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Yeah but no but yeah but no shadDAP. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                 (Even less to see...) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 (Nothing to see...) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Please stand by... - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Things have been squirrelly today, network wise. - (Another Scott)
                             Ya know - (lincoln) - (1)
                                 I'd live if it were. - (Nightowl)
                             I never claimed Norm - (broomberg)
             Well them Ms. Miranda . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 And besides... - (jb4)
                 What Andrew G said - (rcareaga)
                 either that or post a picture of her toes -NT - (daemon) - (2)
                     hmmm... - (n3jja) - (1)
                         simple, its a non identifiable feature but takes effort to - (daemon)

If nautical nonsense be what ye wish...
279 ms