....good memory! Made me smile.... :-)

No cat flips here....

Fun memory though...cat who died of cancer had a habit of sleeping on top of the running teevee. More often than not, she would be sleeping deeply and suddenly relax to a point where she would roll off the teevee onto the floor. This was
well before the age of mass-controlled media, but somehow her rolling off the teevee onto the floor always caught the other animals and the humans off guard. She always landed feet first and looked at the rest of the house occupants as if to say, "what's your problem?" :)

Have also had a second cat die in my arms of heart failure. He was a good fella and quite affectionate, too. Took me awhile to adopt again after he was gone.

Unusually, when I did adopt a cat again, she was a two year old at the shelter nearly close to being put to death. What was particularly interesting about her is that she had been run over by a car and had sustained roughly the same spinal injury as my daughter had in her accident. But, she is a strong one and making the best of her situation.

Bottom line: remember the good/funny/interesting....give it time. And know that having an animal in your life can easily add 10 years to life expectancy.

My $0.02,
Slugbug