IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New also been there with a cat....
...cancer. She was a fine gal and so affectionate. She had a unique way of knowing just how to lay across the keyboard such that I could not continue working and had to pay attention (now, dangit!). The two cats now pale in comparison. Sheesh, is the red state mentality having an effect upon our animals? A sorry state of affairs, that's for sure.

Seriously, hang in there. Write down (now) all the kewl things you appreciated about your dog. Some years from now, you'll be glad you did. There is pain now, but writing your thoughts will turn pain to fondness in the days/weeks/months/years ahead. What memory of him stands out most in your mind?

My $0.02 and best regards,
Slugbug
New Re: also been there with a cat....
Did that one about 5 years ago. Cat died of cancer as well. Died in my arms, actually.

I thought that one hurt, but this is harder for some reason.

What memory of him stands out most in your mind?

So many things; I don't know where to begin.

Funniest one is the way he used to flip the cat over. This was the same one that died of cancer. He would get behind the cat, stick his muzzle between the cat's hind legs, then flip the cat over by lifting the ass end of the cat into the air. I damn near busted a gut the first time I saw it!

At one time we had the dog and 3 cats. Now, it's just the one cat. I've been warned by the other half that I'm not to bring another animal into the house. For now, I can live with that. I think it'll be a few years before I contemplate another dog.

I feel another session coming on. I think I'd better stop for now.
New cat flips....
....good memory! Made me smile.... :-)

No cat flips here....

Fun memory though...cat who died of cancer had a habit of sleeping on top of the running teevee. More often than not, she would be sleeping deeply and suddenly relax to a point where she would roll off the teevee onto the floor. This was
well before the age of mass-controlled media, but somehow her rolling off the teevee onto the floor always caught the other animals and the humans off guard. She always landed feet first and looked at the rest of the house occupants as if to say, "what's your problem?" :)

Have also had a second cat die in my arms of heart failure. He was a good fella and quite affectionate, too. Took me awhile to adopt again after he was gone.

Unusually, when I did adopt a cat again, she was a two year old at the shelter nearly close to being put to death. What was particularly interesting about her is that she had been run over by a car and had sustained roughly the same spinal injury as my daughter had in her accident. But, she is a strong one and making the best of her situation.

Bottom line: remember the good/funny/interesting....give it time. And know that having an animal in your life can easily add 10 years to life expectancy.

My $0.02,
Slugbug
New Mine tries to do that
My wife was still living with her parents when she first brough him home. He got along just great with their two cats, one of whom, named Feet, is black and white. Always poked him in the butt just like you describe, but Feet was apparently just a little too fast for him.

One night, we let him out the back door, and he spotted Feet under the bushes and ran to "greet" him. Well ... it wasn't Feet. It was something else about the same size that was also black and white. And very unhappy at getting poked in the butt.

Did you know that at that range the only way to completely remove skunk scent is to shave the dog's head?

I feel for you. I never had pets growing up. Since I met my wife, the first one I've been there to see the end was the cat we got together. He'd run up every night when I got home from work and jump op on the back of the couch by the front door. I'd bend down and he'd jump up on my shoulder like a parrot, and stay there while I made dinner. That hurt losing him six months later from FIP.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
     There are times when life really sucks. - (n3jja) - (26)
         :-( Condolences Jim. Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Sorry as well -NT - (broomberg)
         Jim... I know what you mean. - (folkert)
         I'm so sorry. -NT - (imric)
         Been there with a cat... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Same situation - (n3jja)
         also been there with a cat.... - (slugbug) - (3)
             Re: also been there with a cat.... - (n3jja) - (2)
                 cat flips.... - (slugbug)
                 Mine tries to do that - (drewk)
         Sorry to hear it. -NT - (bepatient)
         I understand. - (Nightowl)
         My condolenses also - (jbrabeck)
         Dude, I've got one coming. - (Steve Lowe)
         been there - (cforde) - (2)
             Same here. - (a6l6e6x)
             'Tis better to have loved and lost... -NT - (ben_tilly)
         It gets better. -NT - (pwhysall)
         It's good to grieve. - (static)
         Condolences. - (Ashton)
         Too bad you aren't... - (CRConrad) - (2)
             Whataya, Carlin? - (broomberg) - (1)
                 Heh... Point taken. Sorry, Jim. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Been there, done that...and it sucks! - (jb4)
         Sorry for your loss - (Silverlock)
         swear its as bad as a lovers breakup - (daemon)

GPLed, for your pleasure.
157 ms