IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tandy/Radio-Shack 6000 "multi-user" with XENIX
Tandy/Radio Shack 6000 with Z80A and 68000 processors, 15 MB hard drive and XENIX (version? Dunno) with 4 users at the same time!

This was a Pizza/Bar/Grill I was a the resident "fill-in for anything" employee. I usually had to help the manager fix his term, and show the new employees how to punch-in on the system. Orders were also punched in on this horribly hard to use system.

That 15MB Hard Drive held enough to keep records for 18 MONTHS!

I also got to help everyone time and time again how-to operate the levers on the Tallgrass Tape Drive. (At least I believe it was a Tallgrass Tape Drive, if it wasn't... I guess I don't remember properly)

This was High School, being 16-18 years old at the time. They actually put the system in while I was working there. It was PAINFUL, until everyone understood the system.

If you wanna count other stuff, in Middle School, I made an indexing program/system on a Commodore PET, with the 9" Display!!!! The Librarians loved it and spread it to all the other libraries in the school system. Soon, all the programs in all the books were available on tape... using my indexing setup (in Basic No Less)

I never considered Writing Basic, programming... infact I still don't.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
Collapse Edited by folkert Nov. 17, 2004, 08:04:21 PM EST
Tandy/Radio-Shack 6000 "multi-user" with XENIX
Tandy/Radio Shack 6000 with Z80A and 68000 processors, 15 MB hard drive and XENIX (version? Dunno) with 4 users at the same time!

This was a Pizza/Bar/Grill I was a the resident "fill-in for anything" employee. I usually had to help the manager fix his term, and show the new employees how to punch-in on the system. Orders were also punched in on this horribly hard to use system.

That 15MB Hard Drive held enough to keep records for 18 MONTHS!

I also got to help everyone time and time again how-to operate the levers on the Tallgrass Tape Drive.

This was High School, being 16-18 years old at the time. They actually put the system in while I was working there. It was PAINFUL, until everyone understood the system.

If you wanna count other stuff, in Middle School, I made an indexing program/system on a Commodore PET, with the 9" Display!!!! The Librarians loved it and spread it to all the other libraries in the school system. Soon, all the programs in all the books were available on tape... using my indexing setup (in Basic No Less)

I never considered Writing Basic, programming... infact I still don't.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
     Practical Demonstration of Breadth Of ZIWTer Experience - (pwhysall) - (49)
         In the Army - (jbrabeck)
         IBM 5120 - (imric)
         PDP-11 controller - (Arkadiy)
         IBM 709. - (a6l6e6x)
         Atari 800 - (admin)
         Let's see... - (Another Scott)
         Sequent Balance 21000 -NT - (Silverlock)
         Depending on how you count, Mac 7, or Pentium 1 - (ben_tilly)
         First money made was with Apple II - (ChrisR)
         Mac SE30 - (tuberculosis)
         First did lab work on a COmmodore 64. - (bepatient) - (2)
             Oh, well if we're going to count lab work - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 I dabbled in programming the 64... - (bepatient)
         Not sure if I count - (Nightowl)
         Interdata 7-32 - (jb4) - (4)
             I didn't use one at University, so I can't ... - (imric) - (3)
                 No...but you had that radio shack thing - (bepatient) - (2)
                     *grin* Feed The World -NT - (imric) - (1)
                         one gd drunk at a time -NT - (bepatient)
         Wang VS 75 - (SpiceWare) - (5)
             My mother used an NBI something or other in the early '80s. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 NBI is a word processor, not a computer per se - (jb4) - (3)
                     Wasn't Wang's stuff similar? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Dunno, but.. - (Ashton)
                         Wang also had a word processor - (jb4)
         IBM PC - (altmann) - (1)
             I would hope so! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         first computer I worked on - (daemon)
         Several "levels" - (broomberg)
         Not entirely fair. - (static)
         Tandy/Radio-Shack 6000 "multi-user" with XENIX - (folkert)
         PDP 11 -NT - (slugbug) - (7)
             That reminds me of something - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                 does this mean.... - (slugbug) - (5)
                     Sorry but... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         my bad..... - (slugbug) - (3)
                             Ha! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             how the heck do you flirt with the alta ergo :-) ? - (daemon)
                             Hint: Clairol is only clear in ads - (ben_tilly)
         Guess it depends on the definition of 'used' - (Ashton)
         Original IBM PC running at 4.77 Mhz - (lincoln) - (2)
             Originals had 4k or 16k. - (static)
             Same box here. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Vic20 - (Steve Lowe)
         Re: Practical Demonstration of Breadth Of ZIWTer Experience - (JayMehaffey)
         But I worked though College! Not Fair! - (gdaustin)
         Franklin (Apple II clone) highly modified. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Mac SE - (rcareaga)
         IBM 3083 running VM/SP - (cforde)

Such firms gave a bad name to the penis enhancement business.
73 ms