IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK, then
How many of the howevermany billions are going into the US economy? Well, there's the CEO's salary, and of course, the kickbacks....and, yes, the money "donated" to the PACs.

And a whole shitload of money going into Iraq, which'll help Iraq's economy (assuming, of course, that Iraq has an economy after we destroy the shit out of whatever infrastructure is left there; in the interim, I suppose that all those bucks are drawing decent interest so as to pay nice dividends to the CEO, et al).
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New What do you think we are buying?
Sand?

sigh
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I can think of several things:
PAC money for the next election.

Political favoritism

Dickie-C's pension

Halliburton's CEO's golden parachute

Misdirection for Ken Lay

I'm sure I'll think of some other stuff later....
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New I'm sure you will
and I'm sure you'll think it was brilliant when you do.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Not brilliant...merely accurate....
jb4

New O.O.T.
ut f ouch

New Bad assumption
If we spend a billion dollars building infrastructure, then a billion dollars blowing it up, then another billion dollars building infrastructure (plus another billion protecting the workers from irate locals) then another billion blowing things up, what have we accomplished?

5 billion spent, a bunch of injuries, complete disruption of that area so it cannot rebuild itself, ticked off locals and lots of press releases. Some of the spent money finds its way into the pockets of the CEO of Haliburton and similar places. The work put out went to accomplish zilch of value.

I don't care how much we spend in Iraq, it won't help their economy in the long run. Nothing will until we stop dropping bombs.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New My point 'xactly!
I guess my ability to post concisely was damaged by the presidential Erection.

(...never mind...)
jb4

"I earned capital in the campaign -- political capital.." - (deSitter) - (38)
         Beat me to it. I just heard it on NPR. Very scary. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             I caught that, too - (jb4)
         I was amused by his attempt to be a uniter - (ben_tilly) - (35)
             The man is a megalomaniac - this is very scary - (deSitter) - (34)
                 Already said he would. - (imric) - (33)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                     No...now wait a minnit, there, Skip! - (jb4) - (2)
                         The two do not contradict - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Done right would be in federally guarrantied funds - (daemon)
                     Where do you think it goes? - (bepatient) - (28)
                         Into current payments and our debt - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             Re: Into current payments and our debt - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Only sort of - (ben_tilly)
                         Huh? - (imric) - (21)
                             C'mon now. - (bepatient) - (20)
                                 Classic -- give the man a prize - (GBert)
                                 Gee - so Reagan didn't - (imric) - (18)
                                     Twice - (bepatient) - (17)
                                         Nope. - (imric) - (6)
                                             Regardless of # - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                 I don't give a damn for Democrats - - (imric) - (4)
                                                     Re: I don't give a damn for Democrats - - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                         Woe is me? - (imric) - (2)
                                                             Thou sayest - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                 I prefer squirt-guns filled with DMSO + LSD to paint balls. - (imric)
                                         Oh, you mean like... - (jb4) - (9)
                                             Yep. Thats what I mean. -NT - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                 OK, then - (jb4) - (7)
                                                     What do you think we are buying? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                         I can think of several things: - (jb4) - (3)
                                                             I'm sure you will - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                 Not brilliant...merely accurate.... -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     O.O.T. - (bepatient)
                                                     Bad assumption - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                         My point 'xactly! - (jb4)
                         Re: "lockbox" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Bureau of Public Debt - (bepatient)
                         That might work - (tuberculosis)

My other car is a Lincoln.
215 ms