IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The two do not contradict
Bush did not suggest privatizing Social Security.

He suggested letting people have more control over how they manage their Social Security retirement funds, which would inevitably lead to more private investment of that money. (Hence Imric's point.)

Personally I'm not totally against this proposal. Done right it could be good. Of course the key words are, "Done right" - and if there is one thing that I trust Duh not to do, it is doing things right.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Done right would be in federally guarrantied funds
would pay better than social security but have a safety factor if the underlying funding method failed.
regards,
daemon
that way too many Iraqis conceived of free society as little more than a mosh pit with grenades. ANDISHEH NOURAEE
     "I earned capital in the campaign -- political capital.." - (deSitter) - (38)
         Beat me to it. I just heard it on NPR. Very scary. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             I caught that, too - (jb4)
         I was amused by his attempt to be a uniter - (ben_tilly) - (35)
             The man is a megalomaniac - this is very scary - (deSitter) - (34)
                 Already said he would. - (imric) - (33)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
                     No...now wait a minnit, there, Skip! - (jb4) - (2)
                         The two do not contradict - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             Done right would be in federally guarrantied funds - (daemon)
                     Where do you think it goes? - (bepatient) - (28)
                         Into current payments and our debt - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                             Re: Into current payments and our debt - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Only sort of - (ben_tilly)
                         Huh? - (imric) - (21)
                             C'mon now. - (bepatient) - (20)
                                 Classic -- give the man a prize - (GBert)
                                 Gee - so Reagan didn't - (imric) - (18)
                                     Twice - (bepatient) - (17)
                                         Nope. - (imric) - (6)
                                             Regardless of # - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                 I don't give a damn for Democrats - - (imric) - (4)
                                                     Re: I don't give a damn for Democrats - - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                         Woe is me? - (imric) - (2)
                                                             Thou sayest - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                 I prefer squirt-guns filled with DMSO + LSD to paint balls. - (imric)
                                         Oh, you mean like... - (jb4) - (9)
                                             Yep. Thats what I mean. -NT - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                 OK, then - (jb4) - (7)
                                                     What do you think we are buying? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                         I can think of several things: - (jb4) - (3)
                                                             I'm sure you will - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                 Not brilliant...merely accurate.... -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     O.O.T. - (bepatient)
                                                     Bad assumption - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                         My point 'xactly! - (jb4)
                         Re: "lockbox" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Bureau of Public Debt - (bepatient)
                         That might work - (tuberculosis)

It's like dingos mating with elephants: messy loud with lots of snapping and position changes.
51 ms