IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Tell me...
Duh, they're union members - they get outstanding benefits from the union and should do their duty to it and their co-workers, or get out. Nothing at all wrong with that. They aren't there to prevent people from voting. They aren't espousing racism in a chickensh*t format.

Unions are WHY we even HAD a middle class (once) in the first place. Too bad rightest lamers managed to convince everyone otherwise by appealing to their elitism ("I'm better than they are") or greed ("I deserve more than they do!").

You can't compare unions, whose goal is worker protection from wage slavery, to rightist collectivist mobs, whose goal is a homogeneous, thoughtless society of dutiful non-reading non-thinking TV-slurping narcissist drones.
-drl
New I have to say
'reminding' people how they must vote is WRONG.

'Controlling' a block of voters gives unions political power, but what you advocated "they get outstanding benefits from the union and should do their duty to it and their co-workers" is nothing less than the system of Patrons used in the Roman Republic, re-stated. You might as well make the purchase of votes legal.

I have no problems with union reps being vocal about who they think the union should vote for, or with union halls being used as venues for trying to sway members. Stationing local reps outside polling places seems over-the-top to me. It's too close to intimidation tactics.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Expand Edited by imric Nov. 2, 2004, 10:47:22 AM EST
New DING-DING-DING.
They are outside the 50ft requirement. Or what ever the requirement is.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
No matter how much Microsoft supporters whine about how Linux and other operating systems have just as many bugs as their operating systems do, the bottom line is that the serious, gut-wrenching problems happen on Windows, not on Linux, not on Mac OS. -- [link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1622086,00.asp|source]
Here is an example: [link|http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm001-ie/|Executing arbitrary commands without Active Scripting or ActiveX when using Windows]
New Heh - should be out of sight
Along with Party reps.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Now Feds say Repo challeger scum can be present - (deSitter) - (8)
         Making voter fraud safe, legal and common - (johnu) - (7)
             The usual right-wing commie doublespeaking bilge - (deSitter) - (5)
                 Tell me... - (folkert) - (4)
                     Re: Tell me... - (deSitter) - (3)
                         I have to say - (imric) - (2)
                             DING-DING-DING. - (folkert) - (1)
                                 Heh - should be out of sight - (imric)
             Funny... - (ben_tilly)

You're pretending to think.
63 ms