IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not bad. How was it for you?
45 minute wait to vote. It was the busiest I've ever seen it.

And you?

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'll let you know...
Polls opened here at 6am; I left my house for work at 5:30am. I'm not voting until I get back home -- probably around 4:30pm. I'm expecting a long wait even though I'm not in a "battleground" state.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New No line whatsoever
No waiting, no line, no nothin'. Voted at about 4:50 pm, and there were two polling districts in the same place.

I even received a write-in vote for County Recorder. Or some silly position like that... :)
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Largest line for me as well, 1 hour wait.
bcnu,
Mikem

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
-Bertrand Russell
New 3 people ahead of me, 6 in voting "booths"
the election workers equaled the number of voters. I didn't want to be waiting with the herds come late this afternoon.

The weekend 10 o'clock news said that Harris County, with includes all of Houston, a city of 2 million people, has had over 400,000 people vote early, more than double from the 2000.
lincoln
"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New 1.5 hours
We had a baby with, so it seemed like 3. 9:45 to 11:15 or so. I was the 366th voter.

Optical scan machine, paper ballots, fill them out with a pen; you can use a table if you don't want to use one of the fold-out stands. Very easy and cheap compared to electronic machines. I don't understand why they don't use these everywhere.

The main difference from last time was the lack of people standing outside. There was one woman stumping for a judge.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Fine - voted absentee on Friday
The easy stress-free way to vote.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."     --Albert Einstein

Step 1: THINK!
Step 2: VOTE!
New 1 person ahead of me at 6:35 AM
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New 30 minutes
same as last time, though I went during lunch instead of after work.
Darrell Spice, Jr.                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/cgi-bin/spa.pl?album=./Artistic%20Overpass|Artistic Overpass]\n[link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
New Wasn't sure I could
My right foot is painfully swollen and I wasn't sure I could work it into a shoe (the timing makes if obvious this was inflicted on me by order of the evil Karl Rove). A little work and some intense pain accomplished the feat (obvious bad spelling pun resisted).

No waiting here (there never is during the day). Ballots here are ink dot (no chads and you can see through the hole if the dot took or not).
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: Not bad. How was it for you?
About 15 minute wait (at 7:15 this morning). Heavier than usual; I usually vote at the same time each election day, and am somewhere about the 25th voter in my precinct. Today I was 63rd.
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New About 20 minute wait
But in Santa Monica there usually isn't any wait at all.

Apparently earlier the lines extended out of the building.

I was using the ink dot system that Andrew mentioned. Let me tell you, going through 16 state resolutions and 3 local ones got very old, very fast. And then there were the local elections. Most of which I voted according to what I thought about the statements that were up on smartvoter.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New 10 minutes.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Voting doesn't seem as heavy in Cobb
Clayton and other counties with large black populations seem to have had a heavy turnout. It's not impossible that Kerry will steal Georgia, which has 15 votes thanks to behemoth Atlanta.
"That miscreant ought to be suppressed." - Robt. E. Lee

-drl
New I waited longer for them to open than to vote
I was 4th in line when I showed up 10 minutes before the polls opened. It only took about 5 minutes to vote after they opened the doors.
-----------------------------------------
How do you convince a Washington Journalist that you're not slapping him in the face?

Tell him you're not.
New Absentee.
Two weeks ago, on paper, deposited @ courthouse. Courthouse is near my work, so no probs there...
All I want for my birthday is a new President!
New 40 minutes in Missouri
15 of those waiting for the midday ballot pickup. :)

Brenda

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New Not bad. Less than 40 minutes.
Alex

In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly. -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge, poet (1772-1834)
New Voted absentee 2 wks ago with my wife

However, an informal poll of my students this morning indicated that just about all of them had either already voted or were going to vote right after class.

The weather here in Denver is quite nice (snow on the ground but sunny) so I think we'll get good turnouts.

Tom Sinclair

"While I'm still confused and uncertain, it's on a much higher plane, d'you
see, and at least I know I'm bewildered about the really fundamental and
important facts of the universe."
Treatle nodded. "I hadn't looked at it like that," he said, "But you're
absolutely right. He's really pushed back the boundaries of ignorance."
-- Discworld scientists at work
(Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites)
     Not bad. How was it for you? - (Another Scott) - (18)
         I'll let you know... - (Yendor) - (1)
             No line whatsoever - (Yendor)
         Largest line for me as well, 1 hour wait. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         3 people ahead of me, 6 in voting "booths" - (lincoln)
         1.5 hours - (admin)
         Fine - voted absentee on Friday - (tuberculosis)
         1 person ahead of me at 6:35 AM -NT - (andread)
         30 minutes - (SpiceWare)
         Wasn't sure I could - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Not bad. How was it for you? - (jb4)
         About 20 minute wait - (ben_tilly)
         10 minutes. -NT - (imric) - (1)
             Voting doesn't seem as heavy in Cobb - (deSitter)
         I waited longer for them to open than to vote - (Silverlock)
         Absentee. - (inthane-chan)
         40 minutes in Missouri - (Nightowl)
         Not bad. Less than 40 minutes. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Voted absentee 2 wks ago with my wife - (tjsinclair)

Hypothetical Cat Piss Man.
612 ms