IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well the beloved troops are pretty damned incompetent
Surprise! A lot of worthless Pentagoners backed up by punk rockers with tanks. They'd get their asses handed to them in a real fight.
-drl
New Some of them are.
Like in any enterprise.

There are a lot of very good people over there (my brother-in-law was one of them). You rarely hear about people doing their jobs well. But put good people in a bad situation and you still have a bad situation.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Citizen soldiers
Large standing professional armies FAIL. You win by having something real to win, and citizens with a personal stake.
-drl
New Vietnam was not a military failure
And neither is Iraq. The problem lies within political domain.
New I vehemently disagree
Great officers are boiled out of the morass of pukes by actual war. Neither Iraq nor Vietnam can be called actual war, so the pukes are in charge. The grunt has his limited view in all cases. His morale depends on having a definite goal and good leadership. That will never happen in Iraq, just as it never happened in Vietnam. (Isolated cases like Col. Moore at Dien Bien Phu do not count.)
-drl
     Incompetent Coalitioners lose 400 tons of go-boom - (deSitter) - (33)
         So nice that we're safer. -NT - (imric)
         More on CNN - (tuberculosis) - (2)
             Bat? He'd use a BB gun -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Chainsaw. - (inthane-chan)
         About those missing explosives at al Qaqqaa - (marlowe) - (4)
             Agreement...but as Scott McClellan has pointed out... - (Simon_Jester)
             Read above - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 There was... but wrong hands. -NT - (xtensive)
             Little time to debunk - (ChrisR)
         The incredible shrinking explosives looting scandal - (marlowe) - (23)
             It's a stupid point to make a fuss over. - (admin) - (10)
                 Because Kerry hopes to get mileage out of it. - (marlowe) - (9)
                     No doubt he hopes to. - (admin) - (5)
                         Well the beloved troops are pretty damned incompetent - (deSitter) - (4)
                             Some of them are. - (admin) - (3)
                                 Citizen soldiers - (deSitter) - (2)
                                     Vietnam was not a military failure - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                         I vehemently disagree - (deSitter)
                     Interesting...bot is full of Write-Only Memory (WOM) - (jb4) - (2)
                         Syntax Error. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Thanx- - (jb4)
             Curiouser and Curiouser - ABC News you say? - (Simon_Jester) - (11)
                 little phil needs better proof than ABC -NT - (daemon) - (10)
                     How about Fox news? - (Silverlock) - (9)
                         No, it hasnt been approved by either Karl, Rove or Marx -NT - (daemon) - (8)
                             Will you please quit putting Marx in with those guys? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                 Yeah, keep Zeppo out of it! -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     moffo is a Groucho Marxist -NT - (deSitter)
                                 Re: Will you please quit putting Marx in with those guys? - (daemon) - (4)
                                     Not even close. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         Saw all the movies though. My ilk did too... -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                                             Well, at least you concede being ill-informed ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                         read all of it - (daemon)

I like working for this guy.
He calls himself my towel boy.
He knows how to motivate me.
202 ms