IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Walker tried to make it interesting. Boston wins 4:1
Foulke is very good, but he too often gives up home runs. Luckily, the Sox had a big enough lead.

Cheers,
Scott.
New We watched parts of it
And it was a sloppy mess of a field, and I'm sure that didn't help anything. But I thought they used to put tarps on the field and such to protect the turf, so I guess I'm wondering if it was actually raining while they were playing? It didn't seem to be, but I could be wrong.

John's last day of work tomorrow (before he takes a nice vacation until November 7th, he goes back the 8th), is a Cardinal Spirit Day, and this is the first Cardinal Spirit day his company has had that the Cardinals have lost, so maybe tomorrow will go better.

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New The pattern is now clear
After totally stinking up both joints due to lack of rest and sorry pitching (please, please trade Suppan), the Cardinals will now win 4 straight including the clincher in Baaahstin, thereby ensuring that the legend of the Red Sox curse lives on forever.
-drl
New Disagree. The stars seem to be aligned for the Sox.
[link|http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/10/27/one_win_to_go_for_the_crown/|Red October].

Like champions, they're finding ways to win even when they make mistakes. To wit: Bad umpire calls did not go against them. Their pitching has been very good on the whole. Their hitting has always given them the lead. Last night Pedro showed that, once he gets in a groove, he can come through and do an excellent job when it counts (unlike in previous years and unlike when Roger was on the team).

It would be amazing for them to win 8 straight (4 against the Yankees and 4 against St. Louis), but if Lowe is on tonight it's possible. He was fabulous against the Yankees in game 7.

We'll see what happens, but Boston has an excellent chance to take the prize this year. In the World Series anyway. Though things seem to be tilting Kerry's way, I'm not yet confident that he'll take that other prize next week....

Cheers,
Scott.
New Some numbers
(No, not my dismal gambling numbers).

Out of 240 swings, Red Sox have only fanned 11 times - making some sort of contact on the other 229. Means the Cards pitchers are not engaging in successful deception.

In the 4-5-6 batter position, the usual scoring positions, the Cards are 1 for 31. Means there clean up batters are not getting the job done.
New Total eclipse tonight during the game :)
-drl
     Cards will tear 'em up - (ChrisR) - (19)
         We'll see. Boston leads 1:0 in the top of the 3rd. - (Another Scott) - (14)
             deSitter pummels Scott[2]. News at 11. -NT - (deSitter)
             If the Cards would stop screwing up on the base running... - (ChrisR) - (12)
                 It's too cold, too wet, and too late - (deSitter) - (11)
                     It's like a stranded supertanker approaching the shore. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         Re: It's like a stranded supertanker approaching the shore. - (deSitter) - (9)
                             I haven't seen the whole game tonight. - (Another Scott)
                             The championship series were quite good - (ChrisR) - (7)
                                 Re: The championship series were quite good - (deSitter) - (6)
                                     Walker tried to make it interesting. Boston wins 4:1 - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                         We watched parts of it - (Nightowl)
                                         The pattern is now clear - (deSitter) - (3)
                                             Disagree. The stars seem to be aligned for the Sox. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 Some numbers - (ChrisR)
                                                 Total eclipse tonight during the game :) -NT - (deSitter)
         Double or nothing on the next game? ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Too in debt to my daughter to take on any other comers - (ChrisR) - (2)
                 She's a smart cookie. (Hear her voice in grandparent post). -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     In my generation... - (ChrisR)

Tasteful, translucent, understated...it was the most charming, pleasant system crash I've ever experienced.
51 ms