IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Love knuckle-ballers
Used to go watch Charlie Hough all the time. But the games are always strange - either every batter is confused with lots of ground ball outs and double plays. Or lots of walks and no movement.

Saw the stat that Wakefield was the first knucle ball starter in the world series in a long long while. Not to mention that he's fairly young as far as knuckle ballers go.
New Re: Love knuckle-ballers
Q for Bob Ueucker:

"How do you catch Phil Neikro's knuckle ball?"

A: "I usually just wait until it stops rolling, run back and pick it up."

Knuckle ball pitchers tend to last a long time, because they don't tear up their elbows and shoulders with curves and sliders. Hough, Neikro, etc. Wakefield is 38 but still young for a knuckler.
-drl
New My little league coach could throw knuckle balls.
It was amazing to see that thing jump around. I have a lot of respect for hitters that can get the bat on them and get the ball in play.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Red Sox leading 0:4 in the top of the 2nd. -NT - (Another Scott) - (20)
         Red Sox leading 1:4 in the top of the 3rd. -NT - (Another Scott) - (19)
             Red Sox leading 2:7 in the top of the 4th. -NT - (Another Scott) - (18)
                 OK OK THE RED SOX ARE AHEAD -NT - (deSitter) - (8)
                     Be happy I'm not giving the play-by-play. -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         grrr - (deSitter) - (6)
                             Pedro would have the same problem. - (Another Scott)
                             Relax..the Sox can blow >any< lead -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 heh - now Wakefield's gone too - too cold for knucklers 7-5 -NT - (deSitter) - (3)
                                     Love knuckle-ballers - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                         Re: Love knuckle-ballers - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             My little league coach could throw knuckle balls. - (Another Scott)
                 Red Sox leading 5:7 in the top of the 5th. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     Tied game: 7:7 in the top of the 7th. -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         Red Sox Lead: 7:9 in the top of the 8th. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             9:9, the useless Ramirez steps up - (deSitter) - (5)
                                 It has been an ugly game on the Red Sox side. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                     Bellhorn puts the Sox back in the lead: 9:11 top of the 9th - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Game 1 to the Sox: 9:11 - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Gonna be a wild ride :) - (deSitter)
                                             That's why Cleveland let him go - (drewk)

Only the choicest German spam!
49 ms