IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New New York fans are a bit more clueful than the cubby fans
Instead of interferring with the players - they try to help them cheat. And ARod probably should have tried to have been less obvious.

NY fans were very quiet last night, excepting for their show that required the riot squad to show full force. Ok, they were quiet but ugly. :-)
New Re: New York fans are a bit more clueful than the cubby fans
Right, instead of throwing back home runs, they throw back beer bottles.

I thought their behavior last night was - erm - uncouth. Bazillion dollar A-rod slaps at the ball like a girl and the fans complain? Sheesh.

-drl
New What I was trying to say...
...wrt to the cubby comparison was that the home run that hit the fan was made to appear as still in play by that fan. The guy had a black jacket on and tried to non-chalantly put the ball back into play. Pretty smooth move that was subtle, unlike ARods lifting his left arm in preparation for swatting the pitcher across the arm.

And Boston making it back this far just means their fans get a much bitter disappointment tonite. A sweep would be tolerable, but to come back and get this close will only make them feel more cursed. :-)
New Re: What I was trying to say...
I don't think this will be disappointing to them if they happen to lose (I don't think they will) - they've already redeemed themselves in fact and in spirit. A great series.

BTW, those Card-Astros resume this PM at 4:30 "back home" :)
-drl
New Astros probably sand bagging
What with Clemons pitching in game 7, I think the Astros are considering tonight a freebie. It's the Cardinals to win or lose.
New Does anyone know the score?
I don't have the Cardinals in my IM sports scores, although I thought it was there.

I can't switch channels, I don't know how it would affect my taping.

Nightowl >8#

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New Astros ahead by 8 runs.
Just kidding. :-)

tied in the 3rd 2-2. [link|http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/boxscores/2004/10/20/9263_boxscore.html|Box Score].
New Hehehe
Trying to give me a heart attack? ;)

Thanks, and thanks for the link!

Brenda

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
New WHEE! We won!
Cards beat the Astros 6-4!!!!

We're going to Game 7! Whoo hoo!

Nightowl >8#

New Boo hoo. we lost.
Outside of Texas, the Cards and the Red Sox are two of my favs. But it's time for a Texas team. Usually us Dallasites equate Houston as part of yankeedom, but since the Rangers are doomed to mediocrity, might as go with the next closest. (best we get is to watch ex-Rangers ARod, Sierra, Brown, etc...).

Cards have been far and away the best overall team on the season, but Houston is the hottest team down the stretch. I expected the Cards to win in a blowout tonight, so I think the fact that they barely won is a good sign for the Stros. Weird things can happen in a single game, so it will be interesting.

The championship series are usually more enjoyable from a purest standpoint since the teams are familiar with each other. Don't know if such a good championship series will translate into a good world series.
New Sorry Chris
Outside of Texas, the Cards and the Red Sox are two of my favs. But it's time for a Texas team. Usually us Dallasites equate Houston as part of yankeedom, but since the Rangers are doomed to mediocrity, might as go with the next closest. (best we get is to watch ex-Rangers ARod, Sierra, Brown, etc...).

What's ironic, Chris, is the Houston Astros are my favorite team and have always been my favorite team over any team, including the Cardinals. I loved them back when Nolan Ryan was pitching up a storm on the mound!

Cards have been far and away the best overall team on the season, but Houston is the hottest team down the stretch. I expected the Cards to win in a blowout tonight, so I think the fact that they barely won is a good sign for the Stros. Weird things can happen in a single game, so it will be interesting.

And I agree, it would be nice to see my Astros reach the World Series, that would be awesome... so maybe deep down inside I'm rooting for them, but outwardly, the thing to do is root for St. Louis because they are my home team. My husband's work is even having spirit days for them

So overall, I'll be thrilled no matter who wins, but as long as the Cards are in the running, I have to root outwardly for them. Besides, I never managed to snag an Astro's T-shirt, all I have is a button and a cap. :(

Nightowl >8#

New Sports are much funner in an irrational state-of-mind
(aside, here's some [link|http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1172618|OWL stuff]).

Never works to be for both teams. You'll always come away bittersweet. Better to say - screw all you Cards fans, I'm an Astros nut (followed by getting drenched in liquids of various content levels). If the Cards then win, everyone will love to give you a hard time. If the Cards lose, you not only get to rub it in, but also be hailed as a true assessor of talent.

Sitting on the fence, just makes both sides want to pelt you. :-)
New Home Teams Vs Favorite ones
(aside, here's some [link|http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1172618|OWL stuff]).

Kewl pictures, thanks!

Never works to be for both teams. You'll always come away bittersweet. Better to say - screw all you Cards fans, I'm an Astros nut (followed by getting drenched in liquids of various content levels). If the Cards then win, everyone will love to give you a hard time. If the Cards lose, you not only get to rub it in, but also be hailed as a true assessor of talent.

I've never had that happen, come away bittersweet, for example. Maybe that's because I cared about non-home teams that had their own magic or fame to them, at the time.

First off, I haven't been into baseball in years. When I first got into sports in general, my ex-fiance was working at the stadium, so I initially tried to develop an interest to have something in common with him. But I didn't just want to root for the home teams with him, because that was "his turf" and I know that sounds funny, but he was very competetive and territorial, so I found my own teams to root for (mostly so he would have that sense of competition with me).

Biggest problem was that I found teams the rest of the world revered for one reason or another like the Houston Astros, when Nolan Ryan was at his height of greatness. People respected the Astros because of Ryan. And there were the Penguins who were bringing into being a young player named Mario Lemieux, who was starting to make a name for themselves.

Those were the only teams I got into at the time, I never cared for feetball. Then, when I was away from my ex, and had someone who cared about sports, i.e. John, and who welcomed me rooting for the home teams with him, I basically learned to root for the home teams with him. Now he doesn't like hockey, so I never had that issue with the Blues, but when I liked the Blues, Brett Hull was a St. Louis Household name, so once again, greatness. And when I first started liking football, Warner was taking us to the Super Bowl, once again, greatness.

So my new rule is that basically I root for my favorite teams, Baseball-Astros, Hockey- Penguins, Ducks, Sharks, Football- Steelers unless they are playing my home team in an extreme situation such as the playoffs.

It's hard not to get into the spirit of St. Louis sports fever when one of their sports teams is into the playoffs or headed to the final showdown, so it works.

And a side note, if I wear anything with Mario Lemieux or the Penguins around town, or even to the Blues game, (although I usually wear something about each team in that case), people understand I am admiring a great hockey player in Mario, and aren't offended by my show of support for the Penguins.

However.... if you wear a Steelers shirt or show support opposite the cardinals, (i.e. my Astros hat), they aren't as friendly. I try not to bring trouble on myself especially in a bar when watching sports. ;)

Sitting on the fence, just makes both sides want to pelt you. :-)

So I'm not exactly sitting on the fence, I just have my favorite teams, and then I have my home teams. John, believe it or not, doesn't have favorite teams either way, he just loves to watch football. He doesn't care for baseball, but he has gotten into hockey. But when work tells him to wear red, and root for the cardinals, he dutifully wears red and takes one of our stuffed cardinals to sit on his monitor. And he's even watched parts of the baseball games, although not an entire one. So it's all about that St. Louis Sports fever. ;) We're caught up in it, whether we want to be or not.

Hope that makes sense, and sorry it was a little longer than I usually post now.

Brenda

New That's 8.5 runs! 8.5 I say!
-drl
     Baseball season started - (ChrisR) - (24)
         Ortiz has certainly made the last 2 nights interesting. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (16)
             Think the Yankees just got tired of playing on both nights. - (ChrisR) - (15)
                 I guess they thought the umpires were going to ... - (Another Scott) - (14)
                     New York fans are a bit more clueful than the cubby fans - (ChrisR) - (13)
                         Re: New York fans are a bit more clueful than the cubby fans - (deSitter) - (12)
                             What I was trying to say... - (ChrisR) - (11)
                                 Re: What I was trying to say... - (deSitter) - (10)
                                     Astros probably sand bagging - (ChrisR) - (9)
                                         Does anyone know the score? - (Nightowl) - (8)
                                             Astros ahead by 8 runs. - (ChrisR) - (7)
                                                 Hehehe - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                     WHEE! We won! - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                         Boo hoo. we lost. - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                                             Sorry Chris - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                                 Sports are much funner in an irrational state-of-mind - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                                                     Home Teams Vs Favorite ones - (Nightowl)
                                                 That's 8.5 runs! 8.5 I say! -NT - (deSitter)
         grumble fscking Bs grumble - (deSitter) - (3)
             So what's not to like about Lemonade? - (ChrisR) - (2)
                 Re: So what's not to like about Lemonade? - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Not sure why they have the strange rules - (ChrisR)
         I think the Yankees are vulnerable - (andread) - (2)
             hurt-up Schilling goes tonight - (deSitter)
             I'm not a *Believer* - (ChrisR)

We'll all still go there on holiday, get the shits, and complain about their hilariously bad plumbing.
64 ms