IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Forgetting Iraq

"Goddamn the Americans," they shout as they jerk their heads backwards in exasperation during the summer heat. They cannot breathe, they cannot sleep, and they blame it all on America. I spoke to them of the Americans that I knew, the Americans that I had met in my life, that I studied, worked and lived with, but they were not interested. According to all the Iraqis that I spoke with, Americans are criminals, thieves, hypocrites, perverts, liars, and, of course, foreign invaders.

From: [link|http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/print/2004/711/feature.htm#1|http://weekly.ahram....711/feature.htm#1]
New The Iraqis were so peaceful before we got involved.
These assholes started a war against Iran and got their buts kicked. Then they invaded Kuwait to try and pay off the first war. Got their buts kicked in Gulf War I and II. Had these assholes put as much effort in getting rid of the asshole that lost several wars, we probably wouldn't be over there now.
New Classic story of the human condition.
"This is a fucking inconvenience! Let's get somebody else to clean it up!"
All I want for my birthday is a new President!
New They had our help.
Of course, we were playing both sides against each other [again - see what we tried to do with Germany and the Soviet Union earlier] :p
bcnu,
Mikem

"The struggle for the emancipation of the working class is not between races or religions. It is one of class against class. Every trace of anti-Semitism, or any form of race hatred cannot assist the oppressed, it can on the contrary only aid the exploiters. Workers of all nationality, religion or creed must stand together against the common enemy: capitalism."
-Ted Grant
New Tis true that America has been behind the scenes
Wouldn't doubt they invaded Iran just because they figured we'd support 'em. Problem was that Reagan was playing both sides of that fence.

Anyhow, I don't see any innocents there.
New No innocents?
70% to 90% of the Abu Ghraib inmates, by our own estimates; and of the tens of thousands of dead and horribly wounded non-combatant old men, women and children we and our opponents have bombed, strafed, burned, folded, spindled and mutilated over there, surely one or two must have been innocent as well.

Giovanni
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
New Not like innocents weren't imprisoned before we got there
Yes, it's a tragedy, and I wish the heck we'd not had a President rashly get us into this civil war of people who kill for any number of reasons.

As a point of reference though, the post Gulf War I sanctions were estimated to have resulted in the deaths of over a half million Iraqis children. Not as dramatic as those who are blown to pieces, but tragic none the less. And the Iraqis have managed to more efficiently kill many more Iraqis than we possibly could.

Not to mention that the U.S. lost what little moral authority it had somewhere in the midst of the Afghan conflict when the objective purely became to kill or capture.
     Forgetting Iraq - (dmcarls) - (6)
         The Iraqis were so peaceful before we got involved. - (ChrisR) - (5)
             Classic story of the human condition. - (inthane-chan)
             They had our help. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 Tis true that America has been behind the scenes - (ChrisR) - (2)
                     No innocents? - (GBert) - (1)
                         Not like innocents weren't imprisoned before we got there - (ChrisR)

Somewhat classier digs than the last version.
40 ms