IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But, but, it's a Dell!!! Forgot the boycott? :)
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New To quote from the movie "Highlander":
"In the end, there can be only one".

With the way the PC market is going, it looks like Dell will be the only major assembler left standing when it comes to purchasing personal machines. Since America is an "economic democracy" (as compared to a republic form of government), consumers vote with their dollars, and Dell just keeps raking in the cash. Like Wal-Mart, they sell for less than the competition, which keeps customers coming back for repeat sales.

Personally, the best customer support I ever got came from Gateway back in 1996. When I used Dell's support 2 years ago, I had to threaten the dcrone with the fact that I was an employee and could track him down to get him to perform his duties better.
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New The Quickening starts already.
Is Compaq going to take over HP?

What about IBM? That sleeping giant?

Gateway seems to do fine.

Will someone buy out the eMachines company already? :) It is Packard Bell reincarnated. :)

It will most likely be a battle between IBM and Dell in the long run. Then IBM buys out Dell. ;)

Picking up the pieces of my broken life.
New Gateway is not that healthy.
They've pulled out of Australia, for instance.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Well, Dell won't be raking in the cash if Intel can't make
the chips...referring to Intel's big problems with delivering 2 GHz P4's. That's the problem with Dell's "Intel's premier distributor" approach -- if Intel screws up, Dell is screwed -- or will have to move quickly.

I'm not sure how much Dell matters anyway. I'd bet that "white box" has a higher market share than Dell. And, in general, I think we're moving away from PC's to networked, embedded computing devices. That's the way I'm thinking, and even the conservative world of factory automation is moving towards networked stuff -- we're just doing a job using an Ethernet-based Galil motion controller, instead of a plug-in PC board.

Tony
     Help! My monitor is screwed up - (cwbrenn) - (28)
         Try a different mode if you can. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Alack - (cwbrenn) - (4)
                 Tis a good time to buy. Monitors are pretty cheap! :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     No kidding - (Silverlock) - (2)
                         Migawd! pretty sure it's same mfg. as my Korean - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I think that Buy.com has free shipping. - (Silverlock)
         Before shopping: - (Ashton) - (1)
             Alas, no - (cwbrenn)
         sounds like the gun is shot - (boxley) - (1)
             Nah. Monitors are too cheap, nowadays. - (a6l6e6x)
         Whatever you don't do... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
             Interesting cooincidence - (drewk)
             Wasn't there another MAG brand a few years ago? - (wharris2) - (1)
                 My Gateway 17" monitor is MAG something or other. - (static)
         Went to CompUSA, bought 19" monitor, $230.00 - (cwbrenn) - (11)
             You will enjoy the real estate.. - (bepatient) - (3)
                 I guess I'll have to break down the cement wall... - (Silverlock) - (2)
                     Oh dear... - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Ah, *that's* why I had to get the new prescription! - (Silverlock)
             Been spoiled by an 15 inch LCD - (n3jja) - (6)
                 Well, I just bought a 17" LCD for $500 - (tonytib) - (5)
                     But, but, it's a Dell!!! Forgot the boycott? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         To quote from the movie "Highlander": - (bconnors) - (3)
                             The Quickening starts already. - (orion) - (1)
                                 Gateway is not that healthy. - (static)
                             Well, Dell won't be raking in the cash if Intel can't make - (tonytib)
         If you cannot afford much, buy used. - (orion)
         Agh, you fool! - (wharris2)

Not all biopsies come back bad. But all autopsies do.
53 ms