IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmm - read some in Tyranny of Words, eh?
Wasn't sure you actually cracked it. Wait, you're Here.. you stupid fucking broad, WTF have You Been for a couple decades ?? OK: free pass -

Shorthand, then: add to Chase's blab-word list all the words you listed. I believe your analysis is correct. They are not interchangeable amidst more than small handfuls of people one knows well.

Even unto the Neocons = Neo-'conservatives'
[and how useful can that New-name be -?-] if the current idea of 'conservative' produces.. instead of "conservation":

- war on Environmental Conservationists? (and virtually the whole idea of "planetary care" at all)
- and instead of "fiscal responsibility", elects to
- spend massively, [continuing to blame those Other guys for "tax and spend" policies..] then
- borrow and spend == a Tax alright: but on next generations.

Etc.

I don't know what you think new definitions will do for you, but the Sourcebook for the doctrine which most of the present DC group Believe (religiously: thus Capitalized) can be found here; One More Time:

[link|http://www.newamericancentury.org/| PNAC]

Note the names on their 'masthead' and note the US Presidential Cabinet.

As to what is Neo- ("new") about their brand of 'conservatism', that is an essay question - depends on word nuance and some shared idea of US history across some decades. You can't get that on an ez trip to a website.

(And no.. I have no idea what most 'conservatives' *mean* they want to "conserve" - that might be inferred though, via noticing what is Not on that list: like the US Constitution, especially as that describes the rights of citizens to judicial process. Etc.)

Look: you've skipped about a generation of US political intrigue, all of that compounded by intentional bagfflegab, changed along the way (what I like to call Language Murder, for a decent shorthand).

I don't think that a few New Definitions will make up for all the underpinnings you simply lack. You can't Get There from Here. People lie/dissemble to achieve and hold onto Power. The above is one means people employ to disguise their personal intentions via meaningless Titles and 'liberal' use of equally-meaningless slogans and code-phrases.

What you appear to be seeking does not exist on this planet:
You want to ask someone, "Are you honest?" and expect they will tell you. And then feel, "you have now an answer".

Sorry - only in Disneyland. (Well.. not there, either.) Ummm - being an authentic citizen always was hard work, cutting through the BS. You are in Kindergarten, so - it's going to take a while. "Stay the course", as our President advises in another matter..

Luck,

moi
New Yep! (new thread)
Created as new thread #176554 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=176554|Yep!]

"It's not where a person stands in time of comfort and security, but rather where they stand in times of strife and controversy that determine true friends."
(Quote sent to me by a true friend, author unknown).
New Conservatives are conserving the truth
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
New Quisling!
     To all you Neocons - (lincoln) - (17)
         Spend alot of time... - (bepatient) - (13)
             I've been wanting to ask this... - (Nightowl) - (11)
                 http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     Actually... it is - (Nightowl) - (6)
                         Yeah, cuz that old-fangled interweb stuff is so out of date -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Hmmm - read some in Tyranny of Words, eh? - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Yep! (new thread) - (Nightowl)
                             Conservatives are conserving the truth -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                 Quisling! -NT - (Ashton)
                         "Eventually we can make language... - (static)
                     I still like my Dad's better: "Neoconderthal". -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Re: I've been wanting to ask this... - (daemon) - (1)
                     ROFL. Trotskyite == Neocon. ROFL. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             A-freakiun'-men - (folkert)
         Speaking of "what you believe" - (drewk) - (2)
             A Hum-vee + cell-fone can do almost as much mayhem -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                 "A Hummer being driven in the jungles of Borneo is a tool" - (n3jja)

Please do not spit too loud, thank you.
103 ms