1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oddly enough, I got it
Class Meek
Inherits Earth

Or something like that, right? :)

"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

[link|http://www.xormad.com:4096/district268|I am from District 268].
New Throws TablizerException
\nclass Meek extends Earth {\n   long life_the_universe_and_everything() {\n      return 42;\n   }\n   Object the_question(long answer) throws BypassException {\n      throw new BypassException("Don't Panic!");\n   }\n}\n
Expand Edited by ChrisR Sept. 24, 2004, 11:17:00 AM EDT
New Wrong
\nclass Meek extends Earth \n{\n   long life_the_universe_and_everything() \n   {\n      return 42;\n   }\n   Bypass the_question(long answer) \n   {\n      return new Bypass(answer/0);\n   }\n}\n
-drl
New Mine's shorter by 3 lines. :-)
New Mine's more readable by 3 columns
-drl
New Probably need to move this discuss to Religion forum.
Let's just say that I disagree. Your version does not enhance readability because, (a) it just intersperses a bunch of whitespace where none is needed, and (b). the indentation of the block statements tells you everything you need to know (long live Python).
New ) { causes my visual cortex to segfault
-drl
New Cut off your hand and cast it into the fire
You violate thy [link|http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ten-commandments.html|Eighth Commandment], wherein it is written:
8 Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating beautiful new impediments to understanding.
These words, alas, have caused some uncertainty among the novices and the converts, who knoweth not the ancient wisdoms. The One True Brace Style referred to is that demonstrated in the writings of the First Prophets, Kernighan and Ritchie. Often and again it is criticized by the ignorant as hard to use, when in truth it is merely somewhat difficult to learn, and thereafter is wonderfully clear and obvious, if perhaps a bit sensitive to mistakes.

While thou might think that thine own ideas of brace style lead to clearer programs, thy successors will not thank thee for it, but rather shall revile thy works and curse thy name, and word of this might get to thy next employer. Many customs in this life persist because they ease friction and promote productivity as a result of universal agreement, and whether they are precisely the optimal choices is much less important. So it is with brace style.

As a lamentable side issue, there has been some unrest from the fanatics of the Pronoun Gestapo over the use of the word ``man'' in this Commandment, for they believe that great efforts and loud shouting devoted to the ritual purification of the language will somehow redound to the benefit of the downtrodden (whose real and grievous woes tendeth to get lost amidst all that thunder and fury). When preaching the gospel to the narrow of mind and short of temper, the word ``creature'' may be substituted as a suitable pseudoBiblical term free of the taint of Political Incorrectness.
New Wow! :-)
New In re-reading the ancient texts...
...I see they support DeSitters case at the function level - only the blocks within a function support mine style.

(but don't tell him, or he'll get a big head). :-)
New Ahh, the good 'ol days...
...when I used to stalk the college computer centre at two in the morning and chant the ten commandments in a very "Pythonesqe" voice.

Seriously.